Accepting short screenplays in any genre. Judged by top industry judges. With cash prizes, industry exposure and other winner rewards!
What We Do
ScriptWrite are looking for scripts that feature incredible storytelling and unique voices. We are a contest that puts as much value into discovering great writers as we do great scripts.
Our contest is designed to identify, nurture and empower exciting new talent within our industry. We aim to provide a bridge between young writers and Hollywood.
Our diverse panel of judges currently includes an actor from an Emmy-nominated blockbuster HBO show, an award-winning soap opera screenwriter and a major development executive.
ScriptWrite is proudly sponsored by Final Draft.
Visit our website for more information.
Overall Winner receives:
Circulation to our Exclusive Network of Pros
ScriptWrite Career Consultancy
Personalised Script Poster by Graphic Artist
Final Draft Screenwriting Software
Runner Up Prizes:
Each finalist receives a short statement from their judge, discussing the strengths and weaknesses of their project, as well as suggestions for improvement.
We encourage you to review the following carefully. By submitting your project, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to all of the following rules and terms.
1. ScriptWrite only accepts electronic entries between the contest opening date and the final deadline.
2. All entries are non-refundable.
3. Screenplays must be between 1 and 35 pages, excluding the title page.
4. Identifying details must be removed from the title page.
5. All submissions must be written in English.
6. All submitted material must be original, with all rights owned by the writer(s).
7. Teams are welcome to enter, but any prizes won must be equally distributed.
8. If a script is optioned or produced before or during the competition, then it is no longer/ not eligible for submission.
9. Subsitutions or updated drafts are not accepted at any time.
10. Student entries may require proof of enrollment / student status.
11. All submissions must be in PDF format.