We are excited to launch our second competition for screenwriters worldwide. We know more than anyone how hard it is to break into the industry, hence we've created this competition to help jump start your career to give you the accreditation and reputation you might need to approach industry professionals such as agents, managers, and producers.
Our aim is to help you the best we can.
See interviews of our previous winners: http://www.screenwritingsage.com/competition/competition-winners-2020/
From the feedback from the last contestants we'd love to have our winners get more industry focus. So, we hope to work on this before the deadline. The current prize will be cash prizes and a full coverage of your screenplay.
Winner of the short script gets a cash prize of £200 plus full coverage.
- One entry per writer.
- All writers must be 18 or over.
- Feature category pages from 80 to 150 pages.
- Short Scripts up to 20 pages.
- Writers may submit from anywhere in the world, but the script must be in English.
- Only original screenplays and teleplays are eligible for the prize. Novels, short stories, stage plays, treatments, synopses, reality show concepts and spec scripts for existing TV series are not accepted.
- Adaptations of books, plays, or any other source material written by another author are not eligible.
- The contest and its administrators are not responsible for submissions or entry fees that are lost, stolen, or damaged in transit, and we cannot return scripts or refund entry fees once they have been submitted.
- Online submission via FilmFreeway only.
- Once the script has been entered under no circumstance will another draft be accepted. (This is purely because of the sheer volume and work the judges have to go through). If your script makes it to the Semi-Final stages then you will can enter a newer draft free of charge if you wish.
- Decision of the judges is final and will not be changed.
- Cash prize will be sent by PayPal only.
- Final deadline is 3rd December, 2021.