Medicina e Arte: Scarpe Rosse alla Sapienza (Medicine and Art: Red Shoes at La Sapienza) is a public engagement project on the theme of violence against women, involving schools as well as university medical and nursing students. It will include a conference, with a panel of doctors, psychologists, nurses, sociologists and lawyers, as well as an exhibition of illustrations and a small film festival. The artwork and short films will also be exhibited online on Sapienza website. The whole event will take place in Rome at La Sapienza University in the spring of 2021 (date and time still to be confirmed).
The film festival will screen short animated films on the theme of violence against women, and they will be submitted via the FilmFreeway platform. The submission process will open during the summer months. The deadline for submissions will be the 21st of October, and selection will commence after this date. The jury will be made up of a small panel of professional illustrators, animators and curators from Italy and the UK.
- Top 3 winners will be invited to the event and screening in Rome, accommodation will be paid for.
- All selected short films will be published online on the website of La Sapienza, department of experimental medicine.
- The winning short films will receive a festival laurel to publish on their own websites and social media accounts.
- 5 – 10 minutes max.
- The submission must be accompanied by a short description. Any submission without a description will not be considered.
- Must be on the theme of violence against women, from any angle and perspective. No discrimination against groups of people.
- No more than 3 people per team.
- Any medium you like is fine (live action, 2D, mixed media, 3D etc.)
- You can use work you’ve already created in the past 2 years on this theme, something new will be preferable.
- English subtitles required if the submitted work is a non-English production.
- Selected short films will be screened at the film festival, a total of 30-45 minutes running time.
Deadline is 30th of September 2020