For over 34 years Sarasota Film Society which owns & operates Burns Court Cinema in downtown Sarasota Florida & Lakewood Ranch Cinema in LWR Florida have been a integral part of the arts, film & education in our community and the film industry for almost four decades. CineWorld Film Festival has been a "Premiere Event" showcasing Foreign & Domestic Independent Cinema from around the world.
Burns Court Cinema in downtown Sarasota Florida was founded 39 years ago & CineWorld our "10 Day" Foreign & Domestic Film Festival is a long standing tradition that is attended by cinephiles from around the country.
Our audience and filmmakers enjoy an inclusive screening with enthusiastic Q&A's & panel discussions with industry professionals from all aspects of film.
Throughout countless years, CineWorld has screened many films which have been nominated & won Oscars, & Cannes, Sundance, & Tribeca Film Festival prestigious awards. Buns Court Cinema has been attended by many affluent film industry giants such as, Bill Paxton, Steven King, Andy Garcia, Bill Pullman, Jerry Springer, Danny Canton, Lucas Foster, Keri Nakamoto and many others.
Screening will take place in the historic downtown Sarasota area at Burns Court Cinema which is home to many art galleries, famous restaurants, hotels and more.
Our Mission Statement - Through numerous festivals and educational programs, coupled with fun and thought-provoking events, Sarasota Film Society has continued to provide the community with a long-standing commitment to outreach and education through film.
CineWorld Film Festival will present 3 cash prizes totaling $3,750.00
Best Narrative Feature Film - $1,500.00
Best Short - $750.00
Best Documentary - $1,500.00
Filmmaker Festival Benefits & Perks -
Lifetime Membership to Sarasota Film Society
CineWorld Film Festival is a competitive exhibition for domestic and international feature films, documentaries, and short subjects. CineWorld Film Festival reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any project submitted. All accepted films will be considered for competition unless otherwise noted. Projects may be accepted and presented “out of competition” if they fail to meet certain criteria. Works in progress will be considered if noted as such and the screener is updated to the final version before the final deadline. The festival does not pay screening fees for submitted films. All accepted films may not play in the theater as only six of the ten days are in person and four of the ten days will be online. All accepted films will be eligible for awards.
All foreign-language films must be submitted with English subtitles. Unfortunately, any films that do not provide working subtitles will be disqualified without refund of submission fees.
Films who’s primary focus is suicide, elicit or promote violence & discrimination, function as political propaganda, pornography, or hate speech are not eligible for consideration.
DCP or h.264 on Windows formatted hard drive or thumb drive
DCP or h.264 on Windows formatted hard drive or thumb drive
The festival requires all films delivered on either a Windows formatted USB drive or hard drive within 20 days after notification of acceptance to the follow address:
The cost of shipping any materials and films to the festival must be paid by the entrant. The festival will not pay the cost of shipping the materials back to the filmmaker. The festival cannot guarantee shipment of drives to other festivals during the days of the festival. All packages with pre paid shipping label with be mailed back after the festival.
The accepted methods for materials getting back to filmmakers are:
i) the package is shipped with a SASE or pre-packaged shipping label back to you
ii) the filmmaker collects their drive in person AFTER their last screening during the event
Though every possible care is taken with materials while in our possession, we cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage. Please do not send original or masters files or drives.
Submission to the festival grants the CineWorld Film Festival permission to utilize excerpts of accepted work & it’s associated promotional material (such as film trailers, posters, photos, etc) in all promotional activities related to the festival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting a film or screenplay, you are responsible for the submitted material with this application, and by submitting said film or screenplay to CineWorld Film Festival you hereby represent, warrant and agree to the following:
1. I hereby represent, warrant, and agree that the film is not currently subject to any distribution agreement or other obligation that would prevent it from being exhibited at the CineWorld Film Festival if accepted.
2. I have carefully read and understood and will comply with all rules, regulations and eligibility requirements of the CineWorld Film Festival, all of which are incorporated herein by reference.
3. I represent and warrant that: (a) I have the full right and power to make and perform this Agreement without the consent of any third party (or, if the consent of other parties is required, all of them are also signing this Agreement); (b) the film does not violate any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any person or entity, and will not constitute a libel or slander of any person or entity or defame or disparage any person or entity or infringe upon or violate the rights of privacy, reputation, publicity, intellectual property and/or any other rights of any kind or nature of any person or entity; and (c) the film is not the subject of litigation or any claim that might give rise to litigation.
4. I hold the CineWorld Film Festival harmless from damage to or loss of the print en route or otherwise during the course of the festival's possession of the film; and agree to provide the festival a copy of the film at my own risk and/or provide my own insurance to cover loss and/or damage of the copy. Further, I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the CineWorld Film Festival and its affiliates from and against any liability, claim, cost, damage, or expense arising out of or in connection with any breach by me of this Submission Agreement.
5. (Competition Entries only) Should this film win an award Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor/Actress or Audience Choice or any other award at the festival, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film to receive all cash prizes and awards.
6. I understand and agree that acceptance of my film does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodations for talent, production crew, or any other parties.
7. I agree that all materials will be sent prepaid and understand and agree that neither fees, submission videos nor any other materials will be returned whether or not my film is accepted (except as set forth in clause 8 below).
8. I understand and agree that if my film is accepted, CineWorld Film Festival will not pay any shipping fees for exhibition copies or promotional materials. Materials will ONLY be returned if it is received with a self-addressed prepaid envelope or box, prepaid shipping label for original shipping package, or package provided by the filmmaker with postage prepaid.
9. I understand and agree that if my film is selected, the number of screenings, days and venue is at the sole discretion of the CineWorld Film Festival.
10. If the CineWorld Film Festival accepts my film, I agree that the CineWorld Film Festival may use, filmmaker provided Blu-Ray or DVD copies for press reviews and will not be obligated to conduct any separate theatrical screenings for members of the press.
11. I understand and agree that all information received on the application may be utilized in the program guide and the website. Any corrections must be received in writing by September 1st. Changes will not be made after September 1st. The CineWorld Film Festival will not be liable for any errors or omissions in the program guide or the website.
12. I understand that any prizes of in-kind services and their maximum potential value are dependent on the recipients utilization of them while following the terms & conditions provided by the vendors and do not constitute any liquid asset unless specifically stated.
13. I acknowledge and agree that in the event of any breach by me of this Submission Agreement, the harm to the CineWorld Film Festival would not be adequately compensated for in damages and, therefore, in the event of any such breach, the OFF shall have the right to equitable relief by way of injunction or otherwise; provided, however, that resorting to such relief shall not be construed as a waiver of any other rights or remedies the CineWorld Film Festival may have for damages.