Sanandaj IFE, SIFE or Sanandaj International Film Event is a short film festival offering a filmmaker-friendly event with a special presentation. This event is organized by KurdMe VOD platform owned by Avang Negareh Media. We are always looking for great movies to show at our event and would love to check out your new film. The selected films will be screened for our audience at the event date and we will talk about them.
Event is held annually during March in city of Sanandaj, center of the Kurdish culture in Iran. The festival provides an opportunity for filmmakers to share new ideas from all around the world and also participate in several useful workshops and film reviews.
SIFE considers narrative, documentary and animated films, in short formats, and in multiple genres and from all countries.
Sanandaj IFE will consist of international short films of different genres. All styles, genres and languages are welcome. Our team of judges will select the best films to screen for our audience. Winning films will be awarded official festival prize and cash in these categories for cinematic excellence:
- Best Short Fiction
- Best Short Documentary
- Best Short Animation
- Jury Award for Best Kurdish Film
- Certificate for Best Directing
- Certificate for Best Cinematography
- Certificate for Best Editing
- Films must have been completed in 2017 or 2018.
- Any type of film (fiction, animation, documentary) can be submitted to the selection.
- Films of 30 minutes or less are eligible.
- All films with dialogue must have hardcoded English subtitles. If the language/dialogue of the film is Kurdish, Persian or English we do accept a pre-screening version of the film without subtitles. However if the film is selected for competition we do require English subtitles.
All projects must be submitted via secure online screener. Failure to respond by the final submission deadline will result in disqualification without refund of submission fees.
Please review all submission categories carefully before submitting your project. All entrants are required to pay the submission fee of their film’s appropriate category.