SPIFF - International Film Festival of short fiction films and animation, started in 2017 in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
Saint-Petersburg (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Petersburg) - one of the most beautiful places in the World with more than 5 million citizens and many, many, many film lovers.
SPIFF makes regular thematic screenings in different places of Saint-Petersburg.
Our motto: No internet screenings - only live show!
First screening took place on the 26th of november 2017 at the Academia "Photographica".
Awards & Prizes
Every accepted film will receive the official laurel of the SPIFF.
The winner of each screening will be voted by the audience. The winner will receive official electronic Diploma.
Every accepted film will receive discount for the next submission to the SPIFF.
Rules & Terms
We are accepting now submissions of short fiction films and animation on:
1) the theme of «INTERNET» (social networks, messengers and so on). In such films (animation) the story takes place in the INTERNET (desktop-films), or the theme of the INTERNET (social networks, messengers and so on) is significant, or the film is dedicated to the INTERNET (social networks, messengers and so on).
2) the theme of «GIRLS RULE THE WORLD». Such films can be made by women or men, but should be dedicated to women.
Submissions of short fiction films and animation about the themes of «INTERNET» (social networks, messengers and so on) and «GIRLS RULE THE WORLD» can be made till 15.02.2018.
No internet screenings — only live show!
The screening of SPIFF program about the theme of «INTERNET» will take place in February 2018.
The screening of SPIFF program about the theme of «GIRLS RULE THE WORLD» will take place in March 2018.
Exact dates and places of screenings will be posted on the site and Facebook page of the SPIFF.
Nothing — for Russian film (animation). Foreign films (even in Russian language), submitted to this category without paying submission fee, will be disqualified.
1 $ — Super earlybird deadline (01.12.2017).
2,9 $ — Earlybird deadline (31.12.2017).
4,9 $ — Regular deadline (31.01.2018).
6,9 $ — Late deadline (15.02.2018).
Entry fee is paid via submission platform (FilmFreeway).
All fees will be spent for the technical purposes: translation, subtitling and so on. So we can’t give any fee waivers or refund entry fees in any circumstances except listed below:
- SPIFF gives directors of all selected films 50% fee waiver for submission of the next film to the SPIFF;
- SPIFF gives director of the Winner film 85% fee waiver for submission of the next film to the SPIFF;
- SPIFF gives directors of all selected films additional fee waiver 15% for submission of the next film to the SPIFF, if the director makes the review of the SPIFF at Filmfreeway.
The SIFF accepts short fiction films and animation from professionals, students and amateurs from all over the World.
We will consider short fiction films and animation under 15 minutes (including credits), that have been completed after January 2014.
We only accept submissions via platforms (FilmFreeway). We don’t accept submissions via post, e-mail and so on.
All non-Russian language entries must have English subtitles.
Films in English must also have English subtitles.
Works in progress are not accepted.
There are no premier restrictions for the submitted films, but your film shouldn’t be available in a free access in the Internet (YouTube and so on, but protected, private links are OK). Otherwise your entry will be disqualified without refund of entry fee.
You may submit multiple entries but must make a separate entry for every film and pay an entry fee for each.
ALL SUBMITTED FILMS SHOULD FIT THE THEMES OF THE CURRENT SPIFF SCREENINGS. IF YOUR FILM DOESN’T FIT THE THEMES OF THE CURRENT SPIFF SCREENINGS, YOUR ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED WITHOUT REFUND OF ENTRY FEE.
If your film is selected, you should send us by e-mail ASAP:
- projection copy (downloadable link) of the film (HD, H264, MP4, no more than 2 Gb), if your film needs subtitling in Russian we need to have projection copy without subtitles (or you can also send us the copy with Russian subtitles);
- if your film needs subtitling in Russian – file with English subtitles and time-codes in .srt format;
- press-kit: trailer, poster, stills of the film, synopsis, photo/biography/filmography of the director, screening/award history of the film, premier status of the film (World, International, European, Russian, Saint-Petersburg, none).
The SPIFF is not paying any fees for the screenings of the accepted films during the SPIFF.
By submitting to the SPIFF you are giving permission for the SPIFF to showcase your work, if it’s selected, no more than 3 times at the festival and use the work, press-kit for promotional purposes.
By submitting to the SPIFF, you are attesting that this work is yours and that you have the authority to submit this work to the SPIFF and agree to all of the rules of the current screening and the festival as a whole.
The SPIFF has the right to change the rules, dates and venues of screenings. All changes will be posted on the SPIFF site and at the SPIFF group https://www.facebook.com/groups/spiffestival
By submitting your film to the SPIFF, you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. The submitter and all filmmakers associated with the project shall indemnify and hold harmless the SPIFF and any representative or affiliates from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
If you have any questions, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line: “SPIFF question”