Established in 2004, SKIP CITY INTERNATIONAL D-Cinema FESTIVAL was one of the first international competitive film festivals to exclusively feature digital cinema, which has now become the standard format for motion pictures.
In 2020, 1169 films were submitted from 106 countries and regions, reflecting the increasing worldwide-interest in the SKIP CITY.
In 2020, the festival was virtually held. In regular years, all nominations will be screened by 4K Digital Cinema projector during the festival — the absolute best screening environment. Awards will be presented at the Closing Ceremony through sincere selection by international jury committee.
We all look forward to sharing in your marvelous talents at SKIP CITY INTERNATIONAL D-Cinema FESTIVAL 2021.
Location: SKIP CITY at Kawaguchi, Saitama in Japan
Learn more at https://www.skipcity-dcf.jp/en/
Details of the 2021 festival awards will be announced later on our website.
In 2020, the total of cash awards for the International Competition was JPY1,800,000 (approximately USD17,000)
-GRAND PRIZE JPY1,000,000
-BEST DIRECTOR JPY500,000
-SPECIAL JURY PRIZE JPY300,000
International Competition Rules:
* International Competition submissions must be the directors' 1st, 2nd or 3rd feature length film including documentaries and animations. (If the submitted film is a director's 4th feature, the film is not qualified for the competition.)
* Running time must be 60 minutes or longer (feature films only).
* Production must be completed after January 1st, 2020.
* All submissions must be shot digitally and able to be projected in digital format.
* Films cannot be released commercially in Japan prior to the closing date of the Festival.
* Entries submitted once before are not eligible.
* We appreciate submissions be made with an understanding of the Festival's purpose.
***Deadline (received by): April 5th, 2021***