SEIFF remains a live event.
"In all my years of going to festivals I've never been to one with such a consistently strong programme. When a film is screened at SEIFF you know it's something special." Ada Vaughan, Producer
"The festival was a revelation. The scope and quality of films, workshops and networking opportunities were truly splendid. It's busy, it's exciting, it's thrilling. Organised to a fine detail, the SEIFF is a filmmaker's dream. One of the best in the UK." Dave Gilbank, Polterheist
SEIFF is a true celebration of independent film which brings together filmmakers, film shakers and the movie-going public in a warm, convivial environment.
With a focus on increasing opportunity for independent filmmakers, SEIFF looks to promote and exhibit exceptional work by creatives from around the globe and help them make valuable connections - while increasing the audience for their work. SEIFF is more than just a film festival, it's an unforgettable experience for all involved, making SEIFF an essential industry event.
SEIFF is an IMDB listed event and all award-winners will be listed on IMDB with an accompanying review.
SEIFF presents a diverse programme of only the highest quality independent feature films, animation, documentaries and short films from all around the world.
SEIFF looks to make important discoveries of upcoming directors, actors, writers and all those involved in the filmmaking process, ensuring it’s a renowned and valued platform for both undiscovered talent and respected industry peers alike.
Our key objective is for SEIFF to be seen as a mark of quality and a SEIFF award to be a stamp of recognition and true validation.
With a large number of exceptional films being made that struggle to gain attention but deserve to be seen by critics, agents, peers and film lovers, SEIFF aims to bring to the festival the most superlative and creative films. SEIFF prioritises making the festival an attractive destination for agents, critics, investors and other career-makers.
The festival includes networking, Q&As, screenings, social events and special guests.
Our closing annual red carpet awards ceremony, gives recognition to the best talent in front of and behind the camera with a gala ceremony open to filmmakers and the public.
SEIFF is particularly keen to promote the work of women filmmakers and includes a special award for women directors. Women directors in all film categories are eligible.
The annual red carpet awards event rewards excellence in the following categories with all submissions judged by a panel divided equally between industry professionals and local filmgoers to ensure a wholly fair and balanced critical process:
Best animated film
Best female director
Acting performance in a leading role
Acting performance in a supporting role
Best comedy short
Best international short
Best foreign short
The festival reserves the right to add awards where it deems a film or individual warrants special merit or remove awards where no deserving winner has been found. All films are screened on merit only and all awards presented to deserving recipients only.
All films, scripts and screenplays officially selected will receive the festival's Official Selection laurels to display on any artwork. Award winners will receive awards laurels and a trophy.
All official selections will receive two free festival passes and two tickets to the red carpet awards ceremony, as well as an invitation to the networking party with the judging panel and other industry alumni. Any additional team members wishing to attend will be required to purchase a festival pass and closing ceremony tickets.
Trophies will be presented at the closing awards ceremony. Trophies will be sent at the festival's expense to any winners not able to attend.
All films officially selected will be screened at the festival and will be featured in the printed festival brochure. A complimentary copy of the festival brochure will be given to all team members at the festival or sent to the representative of each film, script, or screenplay featured in the brochure as officially selected for those unable to attend.
Satisfied Eye International Film Festival (SEIFF) accepts:
Feature films, short films, animated films, documentaries, and foreign language films.
To be considered a feature, a live action fiction film must be at least 65 minutes and an animated feature at least 40 minutes - including titles.
To be considered a short, a live action or animated fiction film must be no longer than 35 minutes - including titles.
To be considered for the documentary awards, the completed feature-length documentary must be at least 45 minutes long and a short no longer than 44 minutes.
Only films completed after 1 January 2018 will be considered for competitive sections.
Films which have screened at other festivals ARE eligible for consideration.
Films in a language other than English MUST include subtitles in English, embedded. Separate subtitle files such as .srt are not eligible.
SEIFF does not pay screening fees. As a competitive festival, the entire event is a level playing field and therefore films with a distributor attached who require a screening fee ARE NOT eligible.
Due to the number of submissions received we are unable to give individual feedback on films.
REQUIRED for SUBMISSION
Submissions must include:
Submission fees paid through FilmFreeway
All required fields on online platform plus the following documents submitted via FilmFreeway:
Synopsis (in English)
4 high resolution stills from the film
Full cast and credits list
Official film poster
Online screener (with English subtitles if in another language)
SUBMISSION SCREENING FORMAT
SEIFF only accepts online screeners via FilmFreeway for the selection panel to view.
FESTIVAL SCREENING FORMAT
If selected, successful applicants must make a high quality screening version available to the festival. Depending on the format, this must be a downloadable online file (via Vimeo, WeTransfer or Dropbox).
All payments and fees for submissions must be paid through the online submission process. SEIFF does not accept any mailed payments.
Absolutely no refunds.
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS (all films)
Upon acceptance as an Official Selection entry at the SEIFF, each participant is required to comply with the following:
All Official Selections must submit a suitable screening version
All screening and supporting material must be available for download or physically at the festival office by 25 August 2021.
By entering the SEIFF, applicants agree that the organisers of the festival are granted the right to utilize any excerpt from any film submitted for exhibition at the festival for promotional purposes and to use any stills in promotional material including posters and programmes.
SUBMISSION RELEASE AGREEMENT
By submitting to SEIFF through FilmFreeway, applicants are deemed to have accepted and in effect 'signed' and subscribed to the following:
- I have read, understood, and complied with all eligibility and submission requirements.
- All the statements and documents provided are authentic and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
- In consideration for the selection opportunity into the SEIFF, I release and discharge the SEIFF from any and all claims, demands, or causes of actions related to misappropriation or infringement of copyright or violation of any other right arising from or relating to my submission hereunder.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SEIFF from any claims that arise as a result of my film submission or screening of my film (upon selection) or my screenplay as well as from damage to or loss of any submitted documents or materials en route to the festival.
- I have all rights necessary and am duly authorized to submit this film and/or screenplay to the SEIFF.
- I understand, as the authorized and responsible representative of my selected film and/or screenplay, any prize awarded to the selected film and/or screenplayis to be received by me or any other singular, official representative of the selected film and/or screenplay.
- I understand that the SEIFF may disqualify and reject any submission that it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, is not in compliance, in whole or in part, with the mentioned Terms.
- I understand that SEIFF reserves the right, in the exceptional circumstances that the judging panel considers no film to have met the required standard in any awards category, not to present an award.
- I understand that the SEIFF does not issue any form of refund to any selected screenplay and film regardless of circumstances.
- In the event that an award winner does not contact us within 14 days of our closing awards ceremony SEIFF reserves the right to transfer the award to the next most suitable candidate.