Live Entertainment, LLC, Russia in co-operation with EVENT FILM, Canada proudly present an annual Russian event – Russian International Horror Film Festival & Awards "DROP" (Российский международный кинофестиваль остросюжетного кино и хоррор фильмов «КАПЛЯ»).
The festival is being annually held in the city of Moscow since the year 2011 and contains 4 events:
- press conference
- awards ceremony
- master-classes and Q&A with movie stars
- film festival competition program screenings
The Awards ceremony takes place in a big concert venue (changing every year) and consists of the show program and the awards ceremony which is divided into 3 national voting categories:
- awards granted to local film distribution companies for the blockbusters shown on a big screen in the reported year;
- awards granted to young directors and producers as competition program. The category is called “Hope for Survival”;
- awards granted to World stars for the contribution to horror genre
The Awards ceremony is always visited and recorded by a large number of mass media.
The Master-class is a so-called Q&A horror convention held in a cinema-theatre in a form of a question-answer conference between the star guests of the festival and the audience + autograph session. The event usually ends with a premier film screening.
The festival program is a week non-stop screening of new and old horror movies on a big screen in several Moscow cinema-theatres. The films-participants of the festival are being selected by the Awards jury. Films are being accepted by the Awards organisators during the whole year.
The Awards schedule usually also contains a pre-party and an after-party arranged for the honored guests and winners.
The TV version of the Awards is televised by TV-3 federal TV channel and other partnerin TV channels.
The Awards specializes in all sub-genres of horror film industry, i.e.: cartoon horror, comedy horror, psychological thriller, trash horror, zombie horror etc. Starting from 2013 the Awards also specializes in survival horror video games sphere.
The Awards is annually visited by World-known honored guests. The former guests were:
- World star Eric Roberts,
- Horror films of 80's stars: Stuart Gordon and Bryan Yuzna,
- “Silent Hill” and “Tideland” super star actress Jodelle Ferland,
- “SAW” series stars Costas Mandyllor & Tobin Bell,
- TROMA hero Lloyd Kaufman,
- Japanese World famous composer and producer Akira Yamaoka,
- Italian directors of modern horror movies known for “Screamers” and other works – Marco Ristori and Luca Boni,
- Indian model, international actress, beauty princess and participant of Oscar Awards Preity Uupala,
- Norwegian actor of “Dead Snow” Yeppe Laursen
- Norwegian actress of “THALE” Silje Reinaamo
- American composer Daniel Licht
- Finnish director of “SAUNA” A.J. Annila
- Shoreline Entertainment manager Zachary Gleuck
- Russian soviet star Leonid Kuravlev
- Oliver Robins
- Corbin Bernsen
- Lauren Esposito
- John Kassir
- James Russell
- Mick Garris
- Shawn Hall
- Liesl Ahlers
- Kyle Catlett
- Lina Leandersson
- Richard Cutting
- Helen Crevel
- Javier Botet
...and many others
A great number of star-winners also send their exclusive video messages rotated on a big screen during the ceremony.
A more detailed information can be found on the English version of our web site and in Google engine.
Precious awards statue and diploma + valuable sponsor gifts + guaranteed commercial distribution from the online cinema theatre House of Disaster (HoD) TV and from TV-3 tv channel + promo publication on InkTip cinema platform with direct contacts of hundreds of film producers
The monetary prize for the main winner is 10 000 USD
Applicants should submit a film to participate in the festival. The submission fee makes up 100 USD (for a feature film) or 50 USD (for a short film) . If a film is accepted, it will be screened in the cinema theatre as part of the competition program.