Athens’ premiere water-focused film event has gone statewide! The Ripple Effect Film Project invites filmmakers from around the state of Georgia to submit short films and PSAs about the environment. Finalist films will be showcased at the Blue Carpet Premiere at the historic Morton Theater in Athens, Georgia on March 25, 2017. No entry fees; cash prizes will be awarded!
Film entries should consider human impact on our oceans. What daily actions do we take (or not take) each day that may affect ocean health, regardless of where we live?
Films should focus on one key issue (see below), and should establish a connection between the key issue and the health of the ocean. Ideally your film will highlight eco-positive actions that ‘do the right thing’ for the ocean.
Ocean Connections Film Topics
1. Energy conservation
2. Water conservation
3. Food choices
4. Consumer products and plastics
5. Transportation choices
6. Keeping waterways clean
$2,000 in Cash Prizes
The finalists' films will be shown and winning films will be announced at the "Ripple Effect Blue Carpet Premiere" in Athens, GA on Saturday, March 25, 2017. Winning PSAs may be shown in theaters and other public venues.
ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to filmmakers of all ages and levels of experience who reside, work, or attend school or university in the state of Georgia, USA. Films submitted by filmmakers outside of the state of Georgia (USA) will be immediately disqualified.
1. Effective demonstration of connection to ocean
3. Production quality
4. Conservation/Stewardship message.
1) Film must focus on the impact of human behavior on the world’s oceans, and should highlight one of six key issues of the Ocean Connections theme described in at www.rippleeffectfilmproject.org
2) Film must be rated G.
3) Film must be entered into one of two categories: “Ocean Connections Short Films” must be between 1 and 4 minutes long. “Ocean Connections Public Service Announcements” must be 30 seconds long.
4) Film must include 5 seconds of black screen both at the beginning and end, which will not count toward the film’s total running time.
1) Film and completed submission form must be submitted electronically using FilmFreeway.com.
2) High definition videos are strongly encouraged (1280x720 or 1920x1080). Suggested frame rates are 24fps (23.98) or 30fps (29.97).
3) There is NO entry fee.
4) Film must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on January 31, 2017.
5) Film must comply with OFFICIAL RULES posted at www.rippleeffectfilmproject.org.
Failure to comply will result in disqualification. Rights are reserved by the Unified Government of Athens-Clarke County (ACC) to disqualify a contestant who submits a film that is deemed to be offensive, libelous, slanderous, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate in any way for this film contest. ACC is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or in violation of copyright laws. Films will remain the property of the ACC Water Conservation Office and may be reproduced.