Create a Ripple Effect
We heard you! Due to popular demand, we are pleased to announce the return of the Ripple Effect Film Project. The film contest is open to filmmakers of all ages and levels of experience who reside, work, go to school, or otherwise have a connection to Athens, GA. Finalist films will be showcased at the Blue Carpet Premiere in Athens, Georgia in Spring 2019. No entry fees; cash prizes will be awarded!
In support of the EPA's WaterSense Fix a Leak Week, March 18 - 24, 2019, film entries should focus on one of the suggested promotions:
1. Fix a Leak Week - Finding and fixing leaks at the home
2. Water Quality - Find and fix automotive leaks to prevent oils & fluids from washing into our waterways through stormwater runoff
3. Littervention - Keep litter from "leaking" into our water sources
4. Promotion of WaterSense - Promote the WaterSense label and program
Need inspiration or research? Visit these websites:
$1,000 in Cash Prizes
The finalists' films will be shown and winning films will be announced at the "Ripple Effect Blue Carpet Premiere" in Athens, GA in the Spring 2019.
ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to filmmakers of all ages and levels of experience who reside, work, go to school, or have a connection to Athens, GA. Entries can be submitted by an individual or team. Films submitted by filmmakers outside of the state of Georgia (USA) will be immediately disqualified.
1. Strength of message
3. Production quality
4. Artistic execution
1) Film must focus on water stewardship using one or more of the following messages:
a. Fix a Leak Week - Finding and fixing leaks at the home
b. Water Quality - Find and fix automotive leaks to prevent oils & fluids from washing into our waterways through stormwater runoff
c. Littervention - Keep litter from "leaking" into our water sources
d. Promotion of WaterSense - Promote the WaterSense label and program
2) Film must be rated G.
3) Film should be comedic, light, engaging, fun, clever, or thought-provoking.
1) Film must be at least 30 seconds and no more than 1 minute 30 seconds in length including credits (winning films that are 30 seconds may be shown in theaters).
2) Film must include 5 seconds of black screen both at the beginning and end, which will not count toward the film’s total running time.
3) Film and completed submission form must be submitted electronically using FilmFreeway.com.
4) High definition videos are strongly encouraged (1280x720 or 1920x1080). Suggested frame rates are 24fps (23.98) or 30fps (29.97).
5) There is NO entry fee.
6) Film must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on January 25, 2019.
7) Film must comply with OFFICIAL RULES posted at www.rippleeffectfilmproject.org.
Failure to comply will result in disqualification. Rights are reserved by the Unified Government of Athens-Clarke County (ACC) to disqualify a contestant who submits a film that is deemed to be offensive, libelous, slanderous, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate in any way for this film contest. ACC is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or in violation of copyright laws. Films will remain the property of the ACC Water Conservation Office and may be reproduced.