The film contest is open to Pre-K through 12th grade filmmakers in Athens-Clarke county and neighboring counties. Finalist films will be showcased at the Blue Carpet Premiere in Athens, Georgia in Spring 2020. No entry fees; cash prizes will be awarded!
In support of World Water Day on March 22, 2020, film entries should focus on one of the suggested themes:
1. Fix-a-Leak Week - Finding and fixing leaks at home, work, or school.
2. Journey of a Raindrop - Explore the wonders of the water cycle from the perspective of a drop of rain.
3. Keepin' it Clean- Keep litter and other trash out of our water sources!
4. Drought - Every living thing on Earth needs water. What happens when there isn't enough to go around?
Need inspiration or research? Visit these websites:
$1,000 in Cash Prizes
The finalists' films will be shown and winning films will be announced at the "Ripple Effect Blue Carpet Premiere" in Athens, GA in Spring 2020.
ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to Pre-K through 12th-grade filmmakers of all experience levels in Athens-Clarke County and neighboring counties. An individual or team can submit entries. Films submitted by filmmakers outside of the state of Georgia (USA) are subject to disqualification.
Access the submission rubric here: https://www.athensclarkecounty.com/9136/Ripple-Effect-Rubric
This year's theme is World Water Day, which occurs on March 22, 2020.
1) Film must focus on water stewardship using one or more of the following messages:
a. Journey of a Raindrop
b. Keepin’ It Clean
d. WaterSense’s Fix-a-Leak Week
2) Film must be rated G.
3) Film should be engaging, fun, and thought-provoking.
1) Film must be at least 30 seconds and no more than 1 minute 30 seconds in length, including credits.
2) Film must include 5 seconds of black screen both at the beginning and end, which will not count toward the film’s total running time.
3) Film and the completed submission form must be submitted electronically using FilmFreeway.com.
4) High definition videos are strongly encouraged (1280x720 or 1920x1080). Suggested frame rates are 24fps (23.98) or 30fps (29.97).
5) There is NO entry fee.
6) Film must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on February 15, 2020.
7) Film must comply with OFFICIAL RULES posted at www.rippleeffectfilmproject.org.
Failure to comply will result in disqualification. Rights are reserved by the Unified Government of Athens-Clarke County (ACC) to disqualify a contestant who submits a film that is deemed to be offensive, libelous, slanderous, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate in any way for this film contest. ACC is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or in violation of copyright laws. Films will remain the property of the ACC Water Conservation Office and may be reproduced.