Richard is an award winning filmmaker, writer and artist. His work has been described as engaging, fantastical and imaginative.
His interests include early twentieth century science-fiction and fantasy, the work of early film pioneers, dystopian worlds, art nouveau, and the mythic voyage of the hero or heroin.
AIRBORNE - THE TRIALS OF NINE: The new feature length Screenplay - see filmography.
CINEMA MYTHICA: Orphan Arianne’s extraordinary voyage of self-discovery in the mysterious cinema by the sea. 2015.
Tells the story of a female orphan’s heroic voyage towards self-discovery and dénouement. A voyage that takes her to strange landscapes and encounters with mythical beings, that prove to be the key to unlocking the mysteries of both her own and the cinema’s true identity. Embedded in the techniques of theatre and early cinema, this work is set amidst a transitional landscape of period design, historic locations, fictional characters and mythologised forms of nature.
Nine International Film Festival Selections.
MAC Underground Film Festival Brazil - Best Music Award.
10th River Film Festival Italy - Italian translation.
FORTESQUE'S FINEST HOUR. 2013.
A 5 min film based on the art of the spectacle, this multi award winning film is Richard’s BA Degree final project. Inspired by early 20th Century Filmmakers such as George Méliès, this is the story of Fortesque, alone and unhappy, who goes on a metaphysical journey to discover his heart.
- Brighton Big Screen Student Selection Nominee June 2014.
- Latitude Film Festival Final Selection Runner-up Feb 2014.
- George Eady Prize June 2013.
- The Nagoya University Honourable Mention Award June 2013
- The Seoul National University Korea Prize June 2013.
- Master of the Arts graduate from Brighton University UK.
- University of Brighton Alumnus Award Nominee 2014.
- Brighton & Hove City Achiever Award October 2010 for Art Foundation.
The University of Brighton 2013 – 2015
MA Arts & Design by Independent Project (Film) - Distinction.
The University of Brighton 2010 – 2013
BA Hons Illustration (Moving Image) - First Class Honours.
Brighton & Hove City College 2009 – 2010
BTEC Art & Design Foundation Diploma – Distinction.