These awards are part of the annual Rangebow Festival in the Sunshine Coast hinterland, celebrating diversity, reconciliation, inclusion, and sustainability.
Are you an aspiring filmmaker based on the Sunshine Coast or Noosa? Or someone who loves new films, art, and storytelling? This event will showcase local creative talent and introduce everyone to screen media professionals in our community.
The Rangebow MicroFilm shortish film fest invites entries in animation, documentary, narrative, and experimental short films focused on this year’s festival theme: Dream.Love.Live.
So, start scripting and filming your 3-5 minute gem now – or, save the date for exciting viewing and discussion!
Films screened at the Rangebow Festival MicroFilm event will be the five shortlisted entries selected by our panel of expert judges (thanks RubyBlue Artists, STUFFit, Sunshine Coast Screen Collective, and UniSC!).
Two prizes will be awarded:
$1,000 - Best in Fest
$250 - Best School Student Entry.
Terms and Conditions
1. Filmmakers own all of the rights to their film.
2. Filmmakers must reside in the Sunshine Coast or Noosa regions.
3. Entries must be submitted as high-resolution MP4 digital files. The length of the film must be no shorter than 3 minutes, and no longer than 5 minutes.
4. Entries must have been created in 2022 or 2023, and respond to the theme: Dream.Love.Live.
5. Multiple submissions are allowed, however a separate entry is required for each.
6. Submissions will only be accepted through FilmFreeway.
7. Filmmakers grant The Rangebow Festival the rights to exhibit the film at the Rangebow MicroFilm event.
8. Filmmakers warrant that they have obtained all necessary permissions to enter this film, and that it does not infringe the rights of a third party in any way. Filmmakers indemnify and hold harmless The Rangebow Festival and its directors, producers, and sponsors against any claims caused by filmmakers’ failure to obtain necessary consents.
9. Submitting a short film does not guarantee screening or acceptance. If a film is selected for screening, the filmmaker will receive a confirmation letter by 31 July 2023.
10. The festival may promote clips or stills from short listed entries on social media, with the filmmakers’ prior written permission.
11. Films submitted in a language other than English must include English subtitles.
12. All films will be scored by a panel of judges. The decision of the festival is final.
13. The festival has the full right to select the films to be screened. No screening fees will be paid.
14. Screening is scheduled during The Rangebow Festival program. In the unlikely event that the date and venue of the Rangebow MicroFilm event must be changed, filmmakers will be notified by email.
15. The festival takes reasonable confidentiality precautions, and access to films is limited to competition administrators and others requiring access for judging or screening of entries. Filmmakers release The Rangebow Festival from any and all liability in the event of unauthorized access or copying of their entry during the competition process.
16. The Rangebow MicroFilm entry fee is non-refundable.
17. Submitting an entry to Rangebow MicroFilm implies the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.