WE ARE CURRENTLY ON A HIATUS AND THEREFORE CLOSED FOR SUBMISSIONS.
It is widely known that laughter is the best form of medicine.
In such a busy and hectic world we often find ourselves involved so deeply in serious matters that we forget to laugh.
We’re looking for filmmakers who not only love to laugh but who also love to make an audience laugh. We hope that the audience and filmmakers will enjoy and laugh their way through this festival.
What better way to spread joy to the world than with films that make us laugh.
We are looking for all kinds of humour, the kind that makes you giggle, the kind that makes you think and the kind that have you literally rolling on the floor laughing!
There will be humour for kids, for the millennial generation, for grandmas and grandpas and for everyone in between.
We want humour from all corners of the world, from all cultures, races and genders!
Bring us your shorts, features, documentaries, web series, sketches, TV series and scripts. The ROFL Film Festival accepts all types and genre of film.
We’re looking for satire, slapstick, word play, musical comedy, mockumentaries, deadpan comedies and more!
We take comedy very seriously here at the ROFL Film Festival and our team ensure they are safely seated on the floor before viewing your submissions so we are well prepared for when your work has us rolling on the floor in fits of giggles!
Because we want more happiness in the world, we partnered up with Grow My Tree. Part of your submission fee goes towards planting trees. Thank you!
Lets share joy, laughs, smiles, good vibes and happiness.
The funniest and scariest films and screenplays are chosen either for our official selection or as semifinalists. All of them receive digital laurels.
The films and screenplays in our official selection are also eligible for our varying awards. All award winners receive:
- Digital laurel
- Digital certificate of their award
- Digital certificate of one tree planted with Grow My Tree
We don't offer cash prizes at this point.
ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING RULES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS:
- This is a comedy/horror film festival. All submissions must fall under one of those genres.
- Any production date is accepted.
- Films in any language are accepted, although they should have English subtitles.
- Short Film submissions must have a maximum duration of 30 minutes (including credits).
- Screenplay submissions must be in English and have up to ~120 pages.
- By submitting your entry, you confirm that you have required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry and to authorize use and exhibition of the film.
- All decisions by judges, programmers and organizers shall be made in their sole discretion and will be FINAL.
- PLEASE NOTE: We DO NOT pay screening fees. We DO NOT provide invitation letters for visa purposes.
- Submit to us and you will automatically opt in to ~4 emails every year with amazing tips and discount codes for us and partner festivals. You can always opt out of these: email us at email@example.com or unsubscribe through the link at the end of one of those emails. We hope you find value in these helpful resources!