THE 2024 REGINA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL will take place in a hybrid format from in August 2024. Join us as we celebrate world cinema, champion new voices and bring you the best of Saskatchewan talent.
The Regina International Film Festival & Awards (RIFFA) Foundation Inc. is a non-profit cultural arts organization. Our five day International Film Festival supports and highlights Saskatchewan filmmakers, hosts masterclasses, industry talks and special events to encourage visiting filmmakers and local filmmakers to connect and learn from one another. RIFFA's robust international program seeks to build community capacity in the cinematic arts to encourage inclusion, human connection, innovation, and self-expression through storytelling. RIFFA strongly encourages stories with a unique point of view and critical perspectives that can create positive social change and empower marginalized communities.
"Inspire & motivate people to discover the world through the art of motion pictures''
The Award Ceremony celebrates excellence in multiple categories of film worldwide.
RIFFA 2024 SUBMISSION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Submissions to the 2024 Regina International Film Festival & Awards (RIFFA) should be made through FilmFreeway based on the following terms. Any questions about these terms should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. By submitting a film to RIFFA for the 2024 Festival, the submitter (the “Applicant”) represents that he or she has obtained the necessary consent from all owners, creators, writers, producers and/or other authorized representatives of the film (‘’The Film Owners’’) and has agreed to the terms. By submitting films to RIFFA under any categories, applicants automatically agree that the ‘’Film Owner’’ will be responsible for any associated legal, financial and ethical implications (claim) associated with a public exhibition at a film festival.
2. RIFFA may disqualify or reject submissions that it determines are not in compliance with these terms, and may do so without refunding submission fees.
3. RIFFA does not pay screening fees for any Officially Selected films In Competition.
4. RIFFA reserves all rights to make changes to any festival aspects including the rules and regulation without any prior notification.
GENERAL SUBMISSION INFORMATION
A. Films submitted to RIFFA for Festival consideration must be entered in ONE of the categories set out below. Please read the individual category descriptions below before submitting. Films that do not meet the eligibility requirements will not be considered by RIFFA.
B. Applicants who submit a film to the Indigenous Short Film Category may submit the same film in more than one category, providing eligibility requirements are met.
C. If your film is accepted, RIFFA reserves the right to decide which category is best suited for your project.
D. All sections of The Submission Form must be filled out. RIFFA reserves the right to consider incomplete submissions as ineligible.
E. In the case of entries of five or less in any category, the festival reserves the right to transfer those entries into another category and to eliminate the original category.
F. Only digital online submission screeners will be accepted.
G. Any non-English dialogues used in a submitted film must have English subtitles.
H. Films that have been submitted to RIFFA in previous years are not eligible to re-apply.
I. A secure Vimeo Link and Password to watch the film may be requested anytime during the selection process regardless of your screening status on FilmFreeway.
J. Final decisions on submissions made through FilmFreeway will be notified through Film Freeway. Please note that RIFFA may notify a filmmaker at any point prior to the official notification date.
K. All selected films will be given a period during which they must accept or decline their invitation to have their film participate in the festival.
L. A film may not be withdrawn after formally accepting an invitation to screen at RIFFA.
M. If a Saskatchewan based filmmaker wants to submit their film to a category other than Saskatchewan films then they can contact the festival for a 30% discount code applicable towards submission to another category other than Saskatchewan films; proof of residence in Saskatchewan will be requested to obtain the discount
N. A selected number of chosen films will be given In Person screenings, while the remainder will be part of an online screening programme. O. If a film is selected and the filmmaker consents to an online screening on the chosen online screening platform, they then assume any and all risks with the digital exhibition of their film; RIFFA is not responsible for any illegal reproductions of any film exhibited during RIFFA, either in person or digitally
OFFICIALLY SELECTED FILMS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN THE FOLLOWING FORMATS:
- HD 1080p maximum resolution (1920x1080) H.264
- No other formats will be accepted for exhibition.
Digital Press Kit: the Applicant's official selection letter will be accompanied by a list of specific requirements.