THIS YEAR (due to social distancing rules and Covid-19) THE REEL RECOVERY FILM FESTIVAL WILL BE DIGITALLY STREAMED THROUGH A PARTNERSHIP WITH FILM FESTIVAL FLIX® AND AVAILABLE ONLINE AND ON STREAMING PLATFORMS. ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE ALSO ELIGIBLE TO BE SHOWN ON THE REEL RECOVERY FILM CHANNEL - DUE TO LAUNCH LATE JUNE.
WE ACCEPT SUBMISSIONS BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2020 AND ENDING AUGUST 21ST, 2020 WITH ROLLING NOTIFICATIONS
The Annual Reel Recovery Film Festival screens films dealing with all aspects and perspectives of ADDICTION AND MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES: The consequences, tragedies, comedies, scientific beliefs, personal experiences, societal influences, attitudes and medical issues, to name a few.
The mission of the festival is to give a forum to new and experienced filmmakers who have made honest and relevant films about the human condition and the world of addiction and recovery. ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST ADDRESS AN ANGLE OF ADDICTION, SUBSTANCE ABUSE, MENTAL HEALTH AND/OR RECOVERY
We know there are filmmakers with brilliant perspectives on addiction whose work might be overlooked at a mainstream film festival. Last year we screened a very eclectic mix of features, shorts and documentaries . We don't want to wait every few years for Hollywood to embrace this subject when so many independent and established filmmakers are giving voice to this potentially tragic lifestyle.
Our film festivals are screened in New York, Los Angeles, Denver and Fort Lauderdale with the potential of additional cities. Festivals are held year round. Please see the website for festival dates.
SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CLOSED AUGUST 21ST
WIT offers free referrals for individuals suffering from alcoholism or addiction. We publish the weekly Addiction/ Recovery eBulletin and produce the national REEL Recovery Film Festival & Symposium.
The Virtual REEL Recovery Film Festival & Symposium presents the REEL Recovery Film Festival Audience Favorite Award at the prestigious Experience, Strength and Hope Awards held in the Spring.
By submitting this film, I understand that I am agreeing to the following:
I own or control the copyright in and to, and am duly authorized to submit this documentary film to the REEL Recovery Film Festival and to the best of my knowledge, all statements on this document are true; this film contains no material, music or product, which could result in tort claims, royalty claims, claims for breach of contract, or claims of any sort whatsoever.
If this film is selected for screening at REEL Recovery Film Festival, I grant REEL Recovery Film Festival the right to screen this film at one or more REEL Recovery Film Festivals in this and subsequent seasons, and at the The Virtual REEL Recovery Film Festival and on The REEL Recovery Film Channel on the Film Festival Flix Streaming Channel or other digital platform. I understand that selection by the REEL Recovery Film Festival does not guarantee screening at either physical or virtual film festivals.
I understand and agree that this film entry, if selected for the Festival, may be used for promotional purposes for the REEL Recovery Film Festival, and/or its partners and I grant REEL Recovery Film Festival and its partners the rights to use up to three minutes of footage, photographic stills and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes.
I fully indemnify and hold Writers In Treatment and its partners harmless from: a) damage to or loss of the film print en route to or from REEL Recovery Film Festival or during the course of Writers In Treatment's possession of the entry; and b) from any claims which may arise in connection with this film. If a claim arises in connection with this film, I will bear all the costs of defense incurred by Writers In Treatment and pay any award of damages which may ensue. I also agree to reimburse Writers In Treatment for any attorney fees incurred in connection with the defense of such a claim.
I understand that The Virtual REEL Recovery Film Festival reserves the right to place my film in the appropriate programming category. The Virtual Reel Recovery Film Festival also reserves the right to add your film to the streaming channel upon separate consent. More info to come.
FILM FESTIVAL FLIX ONLINE CHANNEL RIDER
This Rider supplements the Virtual REEL Recovery Film Festival Standard Terms and Conditions Agreement between ____________ (“Submitter”) and Festival with respect to the motion picture known as ________ (the “Film”).
Festival has entered into an agreement with MouseTrap Films, LLC dba Film Festival Flix (“MouseTrap”) with respect to its streaming platform, FilmFestivalFlix.com (“FFF”), for MouseTrap to provide the Festival with on-line exhibition capabilities of the Festival through a Festival branded channel (the “Channel”) on FFF, in lieu of or in addition to live exhibition of the Film. As such the Agreement is modified as follows:
1. Submitter acknowledges and agrees that the Film will be shown on the Channel during the same period of time as the Festival would or does run the Festival for live audiences.
2. Submitter acknowledges that the Channel (via FFF) will be available / accessible by viewers (only festival ticket and pass holders) through FFF or through the FFF apps (Roku, AppleTV, Amazon Fire Stick, IOS, and Android).
3. Submitter must notify Festival of any geo-restrictions related to the exhibition of the Film(s) on the Channel. Submitter shall hold Festival and MouseTrap harmless from any failure to timely notify Festival of such restrictions.
4. The competition for awards and prizes are determined by the Festival, and MouseTrap has no responsibility or liability in respect thereto. Submitter acknowledges and agrees that MouseTrap shall not be responsible for any awards or prizes, or the terms, conditions, or process of determining and awarding such awards and prizes, all of which shall be in the sole control of Festival.
5. To the extent there is any inconsistency between the terms of this Rider and the Agreement, the terms of this Rider shall control.
6. Except as expressly set forth herein, all other terms and conditions of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and the Agreement is hereby ratified and reaffirmed.
By signing below, I am indicating that I understand, comply with and agree to the Terms of Entry and the eligibility requirements.