Prokuplje Short Film Festival, founded in 2011, is the youngest film festival in Serbia. In Prokplje is event where audience can see the best from the field of documentary, experimental, animated and fiction from around the world. Thousands of films from all over the world arrive at the festival's address, and it has been reflected by the numerous audiences in Prokuplje, but also in other cities in Serbia and the region,because the team organizes Tour in which the best films are presented in over 30 cities. The lack of the Cinema, as well as the lack of a movie as a subject at school, prevents young people from learning about this art.
In order to see something of this content, the young people must go to Nis, or even to Belgrade. This is an opportunity to see the latest short film achievements from all around the world in Prokuplje. In recent years, according to research, there is a decline in audience attendance at the festivals all over the world. So because of that and because of the introduction of the film to young people, we brought the work with them, in all primary and secondary schools, which are potential audiences and will be animated by the presentation of festival films and the discussion on the significance of the Festival. In addition to work with young people in Prokuplje,the Film Club Prokuplje is the first to start animating the audience from the rural areas, which are completely excluded from all events, especially cultural events.
Prokuplje Film Festival Awards and special prizes
- We accept films online or DVD.
- We accept films in fiction, experimental, documentary and animation genre under 30 minutes in length.
- Theme: Free Choice
- Produced after the 1st of January 2021.
- We accept multiple entries from the same filmmaker. Each entry must be accompanied by its own signed permission slip.
- Selected films will be part of our competitive programme and in Film Festival Tour.
- If your films dialog is not in English or Serbian, it will require English or Serbian subtitles and send dialog list.
- We do not return submitted films.
Please send film and two photographs from the film, photographs of the author, biography, dialog list and entry form.
Participants agree and commit :
- to be in full possession of the presented films’ rights (with particular regard to soundtracks, copyright and model release waivers);
- to concede rights on an ex gratia basis to the organizers, for the festival and future additional film screenings;
- to authorize the organizers to use photograms or film extracts for promotional ends in Serbia and abroad.