PressPlay Film Festival is proud to announce our 2nd annual film festival. PPFF is a three-day cinematic event that celebrates Texas filmmakers as well as up and coming filmmakers from across the US. PressPlay is now accepting submission for entry into our five competition categories: Short Film, Feature Film, Texas Short Film, Texas Feature, and Music Videos. The deadline for all entries is August 1, 2019. Winners will be notified on August 30th. The festival will be held October 18-20, 2019
Our goal at PressPlay is to highlight and encourage new filmmakers. Though we strive to celebrate films with a Texas connection(filmmaker, location, or subject matter), we also welcome films created throughout the US. Our three-day roster will be packed with screenings, Q&A discussion panels, receptions & networking mixers, and of course – films, shorts, music videos, and trailers selected from the various category submissions to be screened and presented in style on the big screen with great sound!!!! A fun-filled experience which ultimately leads to the spectacular PPFF awards ceremony. This film festival is well worth the consideration of all indie filmmakers, and film enthusiasts alike!!!! Submit your projects today!!
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Instagram
Best Texas Feature
Best Texas Short
Best Music Video
Audience Choice Awards
Fan Favorite Feature
Fan Favorite Short
Fan Favorite Music Video
FILM/MUSIC VIDEO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
1. By submitting a film to PPFF, you grant permission to screen your film if officially selected into the 2019 line up.
2. You may submit multiple entries; each entry requires its own fee.
3. All films must be submitted via FilmFreeway, as an online screener (Vimeo, Youtube, Dropbox, etc.) please also include password protected link.
4. Eligible projects must have been completed by 2017, 2018, or on track to be completed in early 2019
5. Selected works will be exhibited via blue ray disk. These shall be provided to the festival prior to showing.
6. If your film is selected, you will be asked to provide a digital press kit which includes: head-shot and filmography of director, color and/or B&W stills from the film, screeners for press, and a video trailer (cleared for broadcast).
7. Submissions without payment will not be considered. If the submitter fails to pay the submission fee associated with their deadline by 11:59 EST, their submission fee will be increased to coincide with the new deadline. Any unpaid or partially paid submission at the time of submissions closing will be disqualified.
REFUNDS AND REVISIONS
8. Once a project is listed “In Consideration” on FilmFreeway, we are unable to offer refunds for any reason, including (but not limited to):
1. Submission to the wrong category
2. Failure to pay the full submission fee by the final deadline
3. Project’s failure to comply with submission Rules & Terms
4. Rejection from the festival
5. Change in Option or Production Status
6. Withdrawing your submission for any reason (including changes of heart)
9. SHORT FILMS are restricted to a maximum running time of thirty (30) minutes to be considered. Projects can be from any genre
10. FEATURE LENGTH FILMS must have a minimum running time of at least forty (40) minutes and a maximum running time of one hundred forty (140) minutes to be considered. Projects Can be from any genre
11. TEXAS SHORT FILMS must have maximum running time of thirty (30) minutes to be considered. Must have a Texas connection(filmmaker, location, or subject matter). Projects can be from any genre but must be related or have a Texas theme.
12. TEXAS FEATURE LENGTH FILM must have minimum running time of forty (40) minutes and maximum running time of one hundred forty (140) minutes to be considered. Must have a Texas connection(filmmaker, location, or subject matter). Projects can be from any genre but must be related or have a Texas theme.
13. MUSIC VIDEOS are restricted to a maximum running time of six (6) minutes to be considered. All music must have appropriate copyright approval.
14. Films must not have had major theatrical release or US broadcast airing prior to the festival
15. After notification of selection, films shall be considered for awards. Acceptance into the festival does NOT guarantee the YOU, your actors, crew or anyone else shall be offered award, payment or transportation or any type off lodging.
16. Filmmakers up for festival awards are encouraged to attend the award ceremony. Awards WILL NOT be mailed.
17. By submitting to the PressPlay Film Festival Screenplay Competition you are affirming the following:
1. By submitting your film to PPFF, you allow and agree to excerpts of your film to be
placed on all marketing and promotional outlets for the festival.
2. You have clearances for film ownership prior to screening at the festival.
3. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless PressPlay Film Festival from
and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including
but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by
reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and
loss of or damage to the screening videos entered
4. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is
authorized to commit the film for public screening, and understands and accepts
these requirements and regulation
18. The PressPlay Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any film at any time without refund, even after the competition has ended or prizes have been awarded, at the sole discretion of PPFF staff.
SCREENPLAY SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
19. Only ONE submission per applicant is allowed unless applicant is working on another project in a different role.
20. Films intending to be subtitled are eligible, but the submitted screenplay must be in English.
21. Submitted screenplays should not have been optioned, purchased, or otherwise produced at the time of submission. If your screenplay is optioned or purchased during the duration of the competition, please contact us immediately.
22. We happily accept screenplays with more than one author or contributor. Please make note of each author’s name in your submission. Should a screenplay with two or more writers be named a winner of the competition, the award will be divided equally among them.
23. Screenplays should be formatted according to current industry standards.
24. Screenplays should be submitted only as a PDF. We WILL NOT accept Word .docs, Final Draft, Celtx or any other file formats.
25. All screenplays will reviewed by festival staff, but due to the high volume of submissions we will not be able to provide feedback on entries.
26. The script should not require CGI or heavy special effects.
27. The script should not be a period piece but take place in current time.
28. The script should not be a war film, all other genres are acceptable.
REFUNDS AND REVISIONS
29. All screenplays are considered complete once the Programming Office receives them. No revisions or updated copies will be accepted. Please be sure to carefully review and edit your screenplay before submitting.
30. Once a project is listed “In Consideration” on FilmFreeway, we are unable to offer refunds for any reason, including (but not limited to):
1. Submission to the wrong category
2. Duplicate submissions
3. Failure to pay the full submission fee by the final deadline
4. Failure to provide a PDF
5. Project’s failure to comply with submission Rules & Terms
6. Rejection from the festival
7. Change in Option or Production Status
8. Withdrawing your submission for any reason (including changes of heart)
31. Short Film Screenplays can be between 5-30 pages in length. We accept short film screenplays of any genre other than war films.
1. The winner of the screenplay competition will have there film shot and produced by
Rent-A-Studio Productions, and will premiered at the PressPlay Film Festival.
2. All winners will receive an All-Access badge to the PressPlay Film Festival where they
can network with others in the industry.
33. By submitting to the PressPlay Film Festival Screenplay Competition you are affirming the following:
1.That the screenplay being entered is the sole work of the writer or writers who in
totality contributed 100% of the contents of the screenplay.
2.That for works written by more than one writer, all writers have agreed to submit
the work for consideration.
3.That for works written by more than one writer, any collaborators no longer involved
and not claiming copyright privileges over the material have relinquished their claim
to copyright in writing, or electronically, proof of which can be provided.
4.That the screenwriter(s) has permission to use any work included in the screenplay
that they have not written themselves.
5.Your script meets all the script criteria given.
34. The PressPlay Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any screenplay at any time without refund, even after the competition has ended or prizes have been awarded, at the sole discretion of PPFF staff.