Our mission at PressPlay Film Festival is to inspire and promote the work of passionate storytellers and artists around the world through cinema, and by providing a platform to celebrate their contributions to the world of film.
Though our first annual film festival only presented in-house films created by our students, we quickly realized there was a necessity to provide a platform for all filmmakers to showcase their talent. That's when we decided to open up our second annual film festival to both domestic and international filmmakers from all around the world.
With the success of our 2nd annual film festival receiving submissions not only from the United States, but also from places like Iran, Spain, The Netherlands, Canada, and the United Kingdom, it proved to be an impressive lineup and an even more difficult time for our judges to select our winners.
We couldn't have asked for a better outcome for our 2nd annual film festival and are so proud and even more elated to celebrate our 3rd annual festival this year following the same suit. To say we are excited about what submissions we'll receive this year from talented filmmakers everywhere is an understatement!
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Instagram
+ Best Texas Feature
+ Best Texas Documentary
+ Best Texas Short
+ Best Feature
+ Best Documentary
+ Best Short
+ Best Director
+ Best Actress
+ Best Actor
+ Best Cinematographer
+ Best Editor
+ Best Sound
Audience Choice Awards:
+ Audience Choice Feature
+ Audience Choice Documentary
+ Audience Choice Short
Cash prizes will be awarded to the following categories:
+ Best Feature: $250
+ Best Documentary: $250
+ Best Short: $250
FILM SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
1. By submitting a film to PressPlay Film Festival, you grant permission to screen your film, if officially selected into the 2020 lineup.
2. You may submit multiple entries; each entry requires its own fee.
3. All films must be submitted via FilmFreeway as an online screener (Vimeo, Youtube, Dropbox, etc.) so please also include a password-protected link.
4. Eligible projects must have been completed by 2018, 2019, or on track to be completed mid-2020.
5. Selected works will be exhibited via high resolution digital download. These shall be provided to the festival prior to showing.
6. If your film is selected, you will be asked to provide a digital press kit which includes the following: head-shot and filmography of director, color and/or B&W stills from the film, screeners for press, and a video trailer (cleared for broadcast).
7. Submissions without payment will not be considered. If the submitter fails to pay the submission fee associated with their deadline by 11:59 EST, their submission fee will be increased to coincide with the new deadline. Any unpaid or partially paid submission at the time of submissions closing will be disqualified.
REFUNDS AND REVISIONS:
8. Once a project is listed “In Consideration” on FilmFreeway, we are unable to offer refunds for any reason, including (but not limited to):
1. Submission to the wrong category
2. Failure to pay the full submission fee by the final deadline
3. Project’s failure to comply with submission Rules & Terms
4. Rejection from the festival
5. Change in Option or Production Status
6. Withdrawing your submission for any reason (including changes of heart)
9. SHORT FILMS are restricted to a maximum running time of thirty (30) minutes to be considered. Projects can be from any genre.
10. FEATURE LENGTH FILMS must have a minimum running time of at least forty (40) minutes and a maximum running time of one hundred forty (140) minutes to be considered. Projects can be from any genre.
11. TEXAS SHORT FILMS must have maximum running time of thirty (30) minutes to be considered. Must have a Texas connection (filmmaker, location, or subject matter). Projects can be from any genre but must be related or have a Texas theme.
12. TEXAS FEATURE LENGTH FILM must have minimum running time of forty (40) minutes and maximum running time of one hundred forty (140) minutes to be considered. Must have a Texas connection (filmmaker, location, or subject matter). Projects can be from any genre but must be related or have a Texas theme.
13. TEXAS DOCUMENTARY FILMS are restricted to a maximum running time of one hundred and twenty (120) minutes to be considered. All music must have appropriate copyright approval. Must have a Texas connection (filmmaker, location, or subject matter). Projects can be from any genre but must be related or have a Texas theme.
14. DOCUMENTARIES are restricted to a maximum running time of one hundred and twenty (120) minutes to be considered. All music must have appropriate copyright approval.
15. Films must not have had major theatrical release or US broadcast airing prior to the festival.
16. After notification of selection, films shall be considered for awards. Acceptance into the festival does NOT guarantee that YOU, your actors, your crew, or anyone else shall be offered award, payment, transportation, or any type of lodging.
17. Filmmakers up for festival awards are encouraged to attend the award ceremony. Awards WILL NOT be mailed.
18. By submitting to the PressPlay Film Festival Screenplay Competition you are affirming the following:
1. By submitting your film to PressPlay Film Festival, you allow and agree to excerpts
of your film to be placed on all marketing and promotional outlets for the festival.
2. You have clearances for film ownership prior to screening at the festival.
3. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless PressPlay Film Festival from
and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including
but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by
reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and
loss of or damage to the screening videos entered
4. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is
authorized to commit the film for public screening, and understands and accepts
these requirements and regulation
19. The PressPlay Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any film at any time without refund, even after the competition has ended or prizes have been awarded, at the sole discretion of PPFF staff.
REFUNDS AND REVISIONS
20. Once a project is listed “In Consideration” on FilmFreeway, we are unable to offer refunds for any reason, including (but not limited to):
a. Submission to the wrong category
b. Duplicate submissions
c. Failure to pay the full submission fee by the final deadline
d. Failure to provide a PDF
e. Project’s failure to comply with submission Rules & Terms
f. Rejection from the festival
g. Change in Option or Production Status
h. Withdrawing your submission for any reason (including changes of heart)
a. The winners of the best feature film, best short film, and best documentary film competition will receive a cash prize in the amount of $250 in the form of a gift card.
b. All filmmakers selected into the film festival will receive an all-access badge to the PressPlay Film Festival where they can network with others in the industry.