𝗪𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗮 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝘁𝘆𝗹𝗲, 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲, 𝗮𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘀, 𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽. We don't care what the starting budget is, or what biggest star act in it: 𝘸𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘮𝘢.
The first edition of our festival was a great success. The small city of Castrovillari, in the heart of Calabria's hills, reacted very well to the screening. We had a crowded cinema full of people that were keenly interested in the films and gave us a nice Q&A session.
We're looking forward for an even bigger 2nd edition!
If you think you can qualify to be one of the next generation of cinema authors, submit! Screenings will take place in the 27th of december 2019 at Cinema Atomic Café in Castrovillari, in the heart of Calabria, where the best coffee in the world is made.
Our logo represents a "Pino loricato", a special kind of pine tree that only grows on our mountains: the shape of this tree is the result of the resistance to any kind of wind or harsh climate.
𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗼 𝗥𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗻𝗼𝗹𝗶 - 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗝𝘂𝗿𝘆
𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗼 𝗗'𝗢𝗿𝗮𝘇𝗶𝗼 - 𝗝𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿
Writer, Film Critic. His magazine won "Best Italian Film Critic Online Magazine of 2015"
𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗼 𝗟𝗮 𝗖𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗮 - 𝗝𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿
𝗔𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮 𝗚𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗽𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗼𝘀 - 𝗝𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿
Producer of Il Varco, Director, Cinematographer
• PRISMA Film Awards
• Il Varco International Short Film Festival
• Pollino Film Fest
• Desenzano Film Fest
• Scario Film Fest
• Short Days
Winning films will be suggested to the jurors of the partner festivals.
𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗛 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗭𝗘𝗦
• Best of Fest (Best Short film among all categories) € 300 cash prize
• Best Italian Short Film
• Best Calabria Short Film
• Best Short Documentary
• Best Animation Film
• Best Music Video
• Best Short Screenplay € 100
• Best Plot / Synopsis €100
• Best Director
• Best Screenwriter
• Best Leading Actor
• Best Leading Actress
• Best Cinematographer
• Best Editor
• Best Original Score
Winning films will be screened in Dec 27th 2019 in Cinema Atomic Café, Castrovillari.
• Short films, animation films and short docs must be under 45 minutes of lenght.
• Music videos must be under 10'.
• Plot or synopsis must be under 20 pages of lenght.
• Screenplays must be under 120 pages of length.
• Short film with languages other than English or Italian must be subtitled in English. In case of selection, we will require italian subtitles.
• Short films must be shot after 1/1/2016
• Author must declare to possess all right to screen the short movie.
• By submitting you agree to share your data (email) to our partner festivals.