Play⧎Short is an International Film Awards event which aims to discover and recognize new talents from all over the world. It was created in order to support short film directors providing a critical evaluation of their work.
Nominees and winners will be announced publicly on our website which will provide exceptional films, filmmakers and crew members with recognition for their filmmaking achievements.
The Play Short is listed on IMDb, so you are able to show your nominations and awards on the biggest movie data base in the world!
Every submitted film can get one or more awards listed below:
► MAIN COMPETITION:
• Best Drama Short
• Best Comedy Short
• Best Horror Short
• Best LGBT Short
• Best Disability Short
• Best Action Short
• Best SCI-FI Short
• Best Animation Short
• Best Documentary Short
• Best Experimental Short
• Best Student Short
• Best Mobile Short
• Best No Word Short
• Best 1-Minute Short
• Best Dance Film
• Best Music Video
► FILM CRAFT AWARDS - FCA:
• Film Directing
• Sound Design
• Film Editing
• Original Music Score
• Female Acting
• Male Acting
☇ HOW IT WORKS?
- MAIN COMPETITION SECTION -
Whenever you submit a short film under a specific category this short will be in the competition with other short films from the same category. If your short film is a Drama, you must submit via "Drama Short" category and your short will be competing for "Best Drama Short" award.
- FILM CRAFT AWARD SECTION -
You can submit to compete for a Film Craft Award. You just have to submit your short film via "Film Craft Award" category.
You can submit a short film in these two sections, which gives you a wider possibility to get any award from them.
WHAT IS THE ANNUAL SCREENING?
Once the winners of each category have been announced, the jury will select the best ones, which become part of the Annual Screening.
> The nominees get a "finalist" judging status.
> The winners get an "award winner" judging status.
➫ Play Short Rules and Terms:
1. It will be considered fiction, animation, documentary, experimental and mobile short films. Dance films and music videos will be considered as well;
2. All non-English language films must have English subtitles;
3. Short films must be submitted via online screener;
4. Short films may not exceed 30 minutes in length;
5. Short films submitted under the "1-Minute Short" category may not exceed 1 minute in length (without credits);
6. All entries submitted under the "No Word Short" category must have no dialogues / voice-over;
7. Short films must have been completed after January 1, 2017;
8. There is no limit on the number of films that each director or producer can submit;
9. Student I.D. is required for entries under the “Student Short” category;
10. All entries must have a synopsis, trailer and crew list;
11. Written comments or press kits describing entries are beneficial (optional);
12. All entries will be notified about the selection via email;
13. The jury will decide the nominees and the award winning short films in each category. Some categories may not get any nomination if the short films do not match with the selection criteria;
14. Nominees will get our official laurels;
15. Winners will get our official laurels and a digital certificate;
16. Winners of each category are able to get in the Annual Screening;
17. The directors and producers of the films submitted declare that they hold the rights of all intellectual forms of expression of third parties contained in their films;
18. All directors and producers give us the right to screen their short films;
19. Short films from the Annual Screening will receive a film screening permission form. It must be signed and sent back under penalty of being disqualified;
20. All directors and producers allow us to use press materials and trailers from their films for promotional purposes;
21. Entries can be disqualified if they don't match with our submission rules;
22. Entry fees are non-refundable;
23. The event organizers can change the rules and terms anytime;
24. The submission of the short films results in acceptance of this regulation.