Pink Life QueerFest organized by Pink Life Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT) Solidarity Association in Ankara, is the first queer festival in Turkey. Film enthusiasts have an opportunity to watch LGBT-themed films from different countries from all around the world. First edition of the festival was held in 2011 in Ankara. Starting from the 4th edition the festival takes place both in Ankara and Istanbul. The 7th edition will be organized between 11-28 January, 2018.
The festival aims to create new and fresh areas of (self-) expression of LGBTQI individuals and artists and to raise awareness on LGBTT struggle through the use of art; and it creates an opportunity for detailed discussions about Queer Theory.
Although a film festival, Pink Life QueerFest is not only confined to the silver screen and tries to gather the most prominent examples of art works from literature to music, video art, theatre etc from all over the world.
Queer Shorts Award
1. LGBTIQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer) themed feature films, documentaries and short films can be submitted.
2. Films (features, documentaries, shorts) premiered earlier than May 2016 will not be accepted.
3. Feature fictions and documentaries can only be submitted from Turkey.
4. Screening copies for feature films must be in Blu-Ray.
5. Short films should not exceed 25 minutes in duration.
6. Non-English films must be submitted with English subtitles. Films in English should provide a proper dialogue list.
7. Promotional materials of the selected films must be delivered at email@example.com by December 1, 2017. The Festival cannot be held liable for the incomplete and/or incorrect information.
8. The Festival holds discretion over the materials published in the catalogue.
9. After the official selection of a film, the festival is entitled to use excerpts from the film of a maximum of 3 minutes, nationally and internationally, for promotional purposes.
10. The festival website is entitled to use any still for the promotion of both the film and the festival program.
11. Screening program is entirely at the discretion of the festival management.
12. Selected films cannot be withdrawn after December 1, 2017.