Phoenix Shorts is an online IMDb qualified festival. We encourage the breadth and variety of views and supporting the best up-and-coming filmmakers from around the world. Each month, our jury selects the winners of each category through private screenings. Every submitted film has a chance to be a winner in the monthly competition. If they get selected by the programming team of , the winners of each month will be then considered for the online competition. It's an excellent opportunity to provide a platform and to introduce your work. We believe your talents must be showcased early to propel the filmmakers of the future into their feature film careers. We are here to recognize and spotlight creative and talented filmmakers like you. Winners will be announced on our website and social media pages every month. You can submit your works through FilmFreeway.
Animated Short, Narrative Short. Documentary Shorts, Graveyard Shift Shorts, Experimental Shorts, Music Video, LatinX Short, High-school Level Short, Women in Cinema, Advertising, Social Justice/ Impact, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Script, Best Cinematographer, Best Editor, Best Female Director, Best Canadian Film, Magazine Promotion
A.) Eligibility Requirements
1. We accept films of all genres.
2. Films completed on or after Jan 1, 2015 are eligible for consideration
3. Films previously submitted to the Phoenix Shorts are NOT eligible for consideration.
4. Short feature films that are available for public online viewing are eligible
6. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted. A separate submission and a separate entry fee must accompany each entry.
7. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Dialogue lists are not accepted.
8. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry to the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
B.) Submission Guidelines
1. Films must be submitted via online screener hosted by Vimeo, on DVD or on Blu-ray disc.
2. Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
3. Entrants are permitted to submit works-in-progress (i.e., without final color correction or sound mixing), but please note that the programming committee will only consider the version submitted. Subsequent cuts or replacement copies will only be accepted at the request of the programming committee.
D.) Judging & Selection
Films are selected for Festival presentation by the Phoenix Shorts programming committee. If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact the entrant by phone or email. The Festival does not provide feedback or screening notes to entries that are not selected.
All competitive film categories are judged during the Festival.
E.) Entry Fees
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable. Fees cover registration, registration notification, consideration by the programming department, and notification of the results. These fees may be paid by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express).