Phoenix Shorts is a monthly and yearly festival with online and physical screenings. Each month, our jury selects the winners of each category through private screenings. Every submitted film has a chance to be a winner in the month competition. In the case they get selected by the programming team of the yearly event, the winners of each month may be then considered for the yearly competition. If this happens, they will be shown and compete with other films-winners at the yearly event. The official selection nominees are more than welcome to attend our annual screening event and red carpet ceremony. Winners will be announced on our website and social media pages every month.
Animated Short, Narrative Short. Documentary Shorts, Graveyard Shift Shorts, Experimental Shorts, Music Video, LatinX Short, High-school Level Short, Women in Cinema, Advertising, Social Justice/ Impact, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Script, Best Cinematographer, Best Editor, Best Female Director, Best Canadian Film, Magazine Promotion
A) Eligibility Requirements
1. We accept films of all genres.
2. Films completed on or after Jan 1, 2015 are eligible for consideration
3. Films previously submitted to the Phoenix Shorts are NOT eligible for consideration.
4. Short feature films that are available for public online viewing are eligible
6. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted. A separate submission and a separate entry fee must accompany each entry.
7. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Dialogue lists are not accepted.
8. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry to the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
B) Submission Guidelines
1. Films must be submitted via online screener hosted by Vimeo, on DVD or on Blu-ray disc.
2. Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
3. Entrants are permitted to submit works-in-progress (i.e., without final color correction or sound mixing), but please note that the programming committee will only consider the version submitted. Subsequent cuts or replacement copies will only be accepted at the request of the programming committee.4
D) Judging & Selection
Films are selected for Festival presentation by the Phoenix Shorts programming committee. If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact the entrant by phone or email. The Festival does not provide feedback or screening notes to entries that are not selected.
All competitive film categories are judged during the Festival.
E) Entry Fees
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable. Fees cover registration, registration notification, consideration by the programming department, and notification of the results. These fees may be paid by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express).