Welcome to Palm Springs Animation Festival 2023
(Please when submitting, add as much to "Specifications" about the type and make-up of your film as possible)
Palm Springs Animation & Festival is a global competition in animation and exhibition of the worlds most talented artists in the world. Each year there are awards going to 37 categories including Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short in over 20 different styles of animation from 2D, 3D, Hand Drawn, Painted, Watercolor, Sand, Paper, Experimental, Stop-Motions, VFX, and more.
The festival is expected to screen over 250+ potential award winning short as well as promising feature-length animated films from over 103 countries including Oscar® Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Emmy® and Grammy® wining artists from around the world.
Palm Springs Animation Team!
Best Animated Short
Best Animated Feature
First Time Animator
Academy of Dreams Award
Best Music Award
Rules for Participation
1. Dates and Venue
The absolute final deadlines are as dictated on FilmFreeway. Category winners are announced after the festival. The venue for the festival will be announced closer to the date of the event.
The festival reserves the right to place entries into alternative categories if they feel it is to the benefit of the title. Each submission must be entered separately. Entries will be assessed and successful submissions will be programmed for screening and enter the festival competition. Failure to submit a screener copy four weeks prior to the festival will rule out eligibility for an award. If your film is selected we reserve the right to show your film at a date and time of our choosing.
Preferred format in DCP on portable Zip Drive mailed to our office.
Additional formats accepted include: Mov, Mp4, DVD Blue Ray
Palm Springs Animation Film Festival
1740 E. Camino Parocela
Palm Springs, CA 92264
The festival directors reserve the right to invite films for the competition and program. Screening schedule will be announced after the final submission deadline. The final award winning entries will be selected by a festival jury and audience votes. Award winners will be notified within 14 days of the festival screenings.
5. Entry Returns
We do not return submission entries.
It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that films for screening are deposited with the festival organizers at least 7 days before any scheduled screening.
We reserve the right to use extracts from submissions for festival publicity and marketing purposes. Press kits are not required, but are useful, so please feel free to send these with your submissions.
By submitting your film you agree to the following Palm Springs International Animation Festival (PSIAF) Terms and Conditions, and indicate that you have read and understood the PSIAF entry guidelines.
The following will apply if my film/video is selected:
1. My film/video will be screened during the Palm Springs International Festival and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award.
2. My film/video will be shipped (at filmmaker's expense) in one of the exhibition formats speciﬁed on the PSIAF listing.
3. My film/video may be utilized for promotional purposes of the festival, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters, unless otherwise arranged with the PSIAF.
4. I will permit the PSIAF to use my name and stills from my film/video (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all film/video submissions:
1. The PSIAF retains the right to archive the submitted screener copy of my film/video (excluding 16mm prints) in physical and/or digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without my permission.
2. The PSIAF will conduct private screening sessions to review submissions, which may include my film/video.
3. The PSIAF does not provide refunds on submission fees.