Muriel Rukeyser once said that “the world is made of stories, not atoms.”
The storytelling process allow us to view our world in unique and creative ways.
The medium of film provides us with a platform for storytelling that's unparalleled in scope and nature, utilizing both vision and sound, which can plumb the depths of our souls. The P2 Independent Film Festival seeks talented, independent filmmakers who can tell their stories in their own creative styles, with an emphasis on influencing the hearts and minds of their audience through dynamic works of cinema.
Sponsored by the Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art (The Square), the P2 Independent Film Festival is unique in providing local, national, and international filmmakers with a historic site to show their work.
Located near downtown Great Falls and established in 1977, The Square has grown from its visionary beginning to become a significant artistic and cultural resource in Montana. The Square serves as an educational and cultural hub for Cascade County and the surrounding rural communities. The museum provides a variety of cultural, educational, artistic and cross-disciplinary enrichment opportunities for both children and adults. These include 15-20 unique art exhibitions per year, school tours with hand-on art activities, workshops and classes for all ages and abilities, outreach programs to underserved populations, lectures, panel discussions and more. The Square is the only contemporary art museum in North Central Montana.
Best Narrative Film OR Narrative Short Film
Best Documentary Film OR Documentary Short Film
Best Stop Motion Film or Stop Motion Short Film
Best Anime Film or Anime Short Film
Jurors Choice Award
People Choice Award
Trophies and Certificates
1. Feature films (narrative, documentary, stop motion, or Anime) should run between 60 minutes and 120 minutes (not to exceed 120 minutes). Short films (narrative, documentary, stop motion, or Anime) should run 30 minutes or less (with a minimum run of 3 minutes).
2. Films must have been completed on or after January 1st, 2019.
3. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time of submission.
4. We only accept entries via the FilmFreeway online screener or a private Vimeo or YouTube link that can be sent after submission.
5. Once selected, all feature and short films must be made available with a 1920x1080/29.97 fps/H.264 format for exhibition.
6. Participants agree that portions of their films and other materials related to their films may be used to promote the P2 Independent Film Festival.
7. Participants must have the legal right to enter films to the P2 Independent Film Festival and are responsible for all copyrights and trademarks associated with their films (including musical scoring and/or compositions). The P2 Independent Film Festival will not be held responsible for any legal actions or copyright and/or trademark infringements associated with submitted films.
8. Submission fees are nonrefundable and will not be waived; if a submission is not selected or is disqualified, the entrant will not receive a refund.
9. Judging decisions are final.
10. The cost of delivery and pickup of all materials is the responsibility of the participants; the P2 Independent Film Festival will not be held responsible for lost and/or damaged materials sent to the festival.