PLEASE READ TO MAKE SURE YOUR ENTRY WILL BE CONSIDERED:
Previously known as Oslo Skeive Filmer LGBT Film Festival, Oslo/Fusion was founded in 1990 and is one of Norway's longest running film festivals. It is still the largest festival dedicated to promote equality and education through entertainment, with film screenings, discussions and related events.
Film is a powerful medium that can entertain, educate and create change, all at the same time. We look for new perspectives and reflections in stories from our personal or shared lives, and human experiences; films that explore and celebrate diversity in identity, gender and sexuality, or challenge norms and common perceptions in our global society.
The festival venue is at the Norwegian Film Institute's Cinemateque. It has two theaters, both with state-of-the-art projection and the latest Sony Atmos sound system.
Accepted formats for screenings are DCP (2K/4K), 3D, 70mm, 35mm, Betacam, HDcam, h264. (We prefer Blu-ray or DVD as backup only).
Awards & Prizes
- Best Narrative Feature
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best Short Film
Queer Youth Award:
- Best Feature Film (narrative or documentary)
Rules & Terms
Please read the festival description - a film must in some way relate to our mission in order to be considered.
- Films completed prior to January 1, 2017 will automatically be disqualified.
- Please make sure to choose the appropriate category - add comments if neccessary.
- In the form, we kindly ask you to say a few words about how your film meets our criteria. This will help us in speeding up the selection process, so please take a few seconds to type in a keyword or two.
- The submission fee is currently USD 20 for short films and USD 40 for feature length films.