Oslo/Fusion Film Festival was founded in 1990 and is Norway's only film festival dedicated to stories of, by and for the LGBTQIA+ community, and is also one of Norway's longest running film festivals. It is still the largest festival dedicated to promote diversity, equality and education through entertainment, with film screenings, panel discussions and related events.
In 2021 we celebrate our 31st edition and we invite you to join us!
Film is a powerful medium that can entertain, educate and create change, all at the same time. We look for new perspectives and reflections in stories from our personal or shared lives, and human experiences; films that explore and celebrate diversity in identity, gender, cultural background, and sexuality, or challenge norms and common perceptions in our global society.
The festival venue is at the Norwegian Film Institute's Cinemateket. It has two theaters, both with state-of-the-art projection and the latest Sony Atmos sound system.
Accepted formats for screenings are DCP (2K/4K), 3D, 70mm, 35mm, Betacam, HDcam, and high res (h264 / mp4 / mov).
- Best Narrative Feature
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best Short Film
Queer Youth Award:
- Best Feature Film (narrative or documentary)
Please read the festival description - a film must in some way relate to our mission in order to be considered.
- Films must be completed after January 1, 2020.
- Please make sure to choose the appropriate category - add comments if necessary.
- In the form, we kindly ask you to say a few words about how your film meets our criteria. This will help us in speeding up the selection process, so please take a few seconds to type in a keyword or two.
- The submission fee is currently USD 20 for short films and USD 40 for feature length films.