Seeking films and screenplays from all walks of life. Both US and International submissions accepted. From the student to the seasoned veteran we want to see your work! Especially looking to include filmmakers from diverse backgrounds. Student and female filmmakers also encouraged to submit.
Discounted submissions for Florida and Student Filmmakers.
The festival events include workshops, panels, meet and greets, table reads, parties, VIP and red carpet events. Discounts to theme parks will be available to all attendees and their families
Grand Jury US Fiction Award, $3,000
Grand Jury International Fiction Award $3,000
Grand Jury Documentary Award $3,000
Grand Jury Feature Screenplay $300
Grand Jury Short Screenplay $100
Grand Jury Short Award Trophy
Grand Jury Student Award Trophy
Grand Jury Animation Award Trophy
Grand Jury Youth Trophy
Several other categories will be recognized with certificates
All awardees will have access to industry exports in a one-on-one meeting
Sponsors will provide additional prizes to awardees including sponsor packages
The top 2 Feature Screenplays and the winning Short Screenplay will receive 1 InkTip script listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip's large network of producers and reps.
5 semi finalists and 5 finalists will be selected for short and feature screenplays. The top 5 finalists in each category will have a table read at the festival.
Submissions of all genre are accepted for the following lengths:
0 - 10 (Mini shorts)
41 and above (Full Feature -narrative)
1-25 Page Short Screenplays
60-120 Page Feature Screenplays
1. The submitter of the film must have the rights regarding the copyright and trademark of all content or materials included in the submission. OIFF (hereafter including all affiliates, representatives or other entities associated with OIFF) bears no responsibility for the inclusion of materials in the submission that are not properly trademarked or copyrighted or inclusion of materials that will become the basis of a claim of copyright or trademark infringement. OIFF reserves the right to disqualify any unauthorized inclusion of any materials that are deemed to infringe upon copyright or trademark laws. The submitter will indemnify OIFF and defend OIFF of any claims with regard to the infringement of any trademarked or copyrighted materials. The submitter will pay all legal and other fees regarding such actions.
2. In the event that the submitter is a minor (less than 18 years of age), the submitter must have the written consent of the parent/guardian for the submission of the film. Any violation of this provision gives OIFF the right to refuse the submission.
3. Students submitting must provide proof of current enrollment to receive discount.
4. No pornographic materials can be submitted to OIFF. OIFF reserves the right to disqualify any film containing pornographic materials.
5. It is the sole responsibility of the submitter to adhere to the rules and regulations of FilmFreeway in submitting the project. OIFF will not be responsible for any actions regarding refusal of the project by FilmFreeway due to the negligence or fault of the submitter. No refunds will be given for any submissions that do not follow the FilmFreeway method of submission. The submitter bears all responsibility for the proper shipping of films and the tracing of films to ensure that the materials reach the proper destination. No refunds will be provided for materials that do not reach the OIFF proper destination. No shipped materials will be returned by OIFF.
6. OIFF will not be responsible for any content in the project that contains any actual or potential legal claims regarding defamation, privacy problems, and theft of any materials, trade secret infringement, breach of confidence, nondisclosure violations, or any other issues that will result in a legal claim of a third party. The submitter will fully indemnify and defend OIFF from any liability in connection with any legal issues regarding the project.
7. All submissions containing spoken foreign language must provide onscreen English subtitles.
8. Filmmaker must be able to supply a DCP or agree to have one made for projection.
9. Films that are not available for screening online will be favored over those available to the public.
10. Submissions that will not be screened or selected for a winning category will not receive a notice that these actions have not occurred. OIFF will adhere to the notice deadlines for screened and reserves the right to make changes in these rules without advance notice. winning projects as noted on the website.
11. OIFF has the ultimate responsibility for determining the genre and category of the submissions.
12. OIFF reserves the right to make changes in the rules and regulations without notice.
13. No refunds will be provided.
14. Once accepted and confirmed no film can be removed from the festival.
OIFF accepts film submissions from persons of all groups including race, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender identity, and age.