Seeking films , art and screenplays from all walks of life. Both US and International submissions accepted. From the youth to the seasoned veteran, we want to see your work! Especially looking to include filmmakers from diverse backgrounds.
All genres, sex, age filmmakers also encouraged to submit.
Discounted submissions for Student Filmmakers.
The festival events include workshops, panels, meet and greets, table reads, parties, VIP and red carpet events. Discounts to theme parks will be available to all attendees and their families
Grand Jury Feature US Fiction Award
Grand Jury Feature International Fiction Award
Grand Jury Feature International Documentary Award
Grand Jury Feature US Documentary Award
Grand Jury Special Documentary Award
Grand Jury Short Award
Grand Jury Student Short
Grand Jury Student Feature
Grand Jury Feature Screenplay
Grand Jury Short Screenplay
Grand Jury Florida Award
By submitting the film, screenplay or other product, the submitter gives Orlando International Film Festival, Inc. the right to upload the film to Eventive or any other management company for the purpose of screening (virtually or in-person) or displaying the product in the Orlando International Film Festival. By submitting your film to FilmFreeway, you agree to submit directly a downloadable file of your film to the Orlando International Film Festival in order for your film to be screened in a theater in the event that your film is selected. By submitting your film, screenplays and products to Orlando International Film Festival, you give OIFF the right to a medial release to utilize your photos, videos, interviews and other promotional advertisements for OIFF including social media.
Submissions of all film genre are accepted for the following lengths:
0 - 10 (Mini shorts)
41 and above (Full Feature -narrative)
1-25 Page Short Screenplays
60-120 Page Feature Screenplays
1. The submitter of the film, art or screenplay must have the rights regarding the copyright and trademark of all content or materials included in the submission. OIFF (hereafter including all affiliates, representatives or other entities associated with OIFF) bears no responsibility for the inclusion of materials in the submission that are not properly trademarked or copyrighted or inclusion of materials that will become the basis of a claim of copyright or trademark infringement. OIFF reserves the right to disqualify any unauthorized inclusion of any materials that are deemed to infringe upon copyright or trademark laws. The submitter will indemnify OIFF and defend OIFF of any claims with regard to the infringement of any trademarked or copyrighted materials. The submitter will pay all legal and other fees regarding such actions.
2. In the event that the submitter is a minor (less than 18 years of age), the submitter must have the written consent of the parent/guardian for the submission of the film. Any violation of this provision gives OIFF the right to refuse the submission.
3. Students submitting must provide proof of current enrollment to receive discount.
4. No pornographic materials, nudity, mature films or films with foul language can be submitted to OIFF and/or screened. If submitted, such films will receive a rating of Not Selected. . OIFF reserves the right to disqualify any film containing pornographic materials.
5. It is the sole responsibility of the submitter to adhere to the rules and regulations of FilmFreeway in submitting the project. OIFF will not be responsible for any actions regarding refusal of the project by FilmFreeway due to the negligence or fault of the submitter. No refunds will be given for any submissions that do not follow the FilmFreeway method of submission. The submitter bears all responsibility for the proper shipping of films and the tracing of films to ensure that the materials reach the proper destination. No refunds will be provided for materials that do not reach the OIFF proper destination. No shipped materials will be returned by OIFF.
6. OIFF will not be responsible for any content in the project that contains any actual or potential legal claims regarding defamation, privacy problems, and theft of any materials, trade secret infringement, breach of confidence, nondisclosure violations, or any other issues that will result in a legal claim of a third party. The submitter will fully indemnify and defend OIFF from any liability in connection with any legal issues regarding the project.
7. All submissions containing spoken foreign language must provide onscreen English subtitles.
8. Filmmaker must be able to supply a DCP or agree to have one made for projection.
9. Films that are not available for screening online will be favored over those available to the public.
10. Submissions that will not be screened or selected for a winning category will not receive a notice that these actions have not occurred. OIFF will adhere to the notice deadlines for screened and reserves the right to make changes in these rules without advance notice. winning projects as noted on the website.
11. OIFF has the ultimate responsibility for determining the genre and category of the submissions.
12. OIFF reserves the right to make changes in the rules and regulations without notice.
13. No refunds will be provided.
14. Once accepted and confirmed no film can be removed from the festival.
OIFF accepts film submissions from persons of all groups including race, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender identity, and age.