Ongezien Kort is an Antwerp-based platform for new and upcoming film makers.
Our annual film festival takes place in Cinema Cartoon’s, a small, authentic mini-multiplex that has been offering quality cinema in Antwerp since ’78. After four overwhelming, sold-out editions, Ongezien Kort will be back 2021.
The goal of the festival is to show-case a wide variety of talent, and as such there are none of the traditional limitations on what kind of content can be submitted. We accept all genres (or those that transcend genre), as well as animation and documentary, or even true originals, who have thought of new and unique ways to experiment with film.
Ongezien Kort is aimed specifically at those who are making their start in filmmaking and wants to give them the attention and support they deserve. The screenings are interspersed with professionally edited interviews with the directors and the film festival is framed as a meeting space for those in the business. The prizes are aimed specifically at offering production support for upcoming projects.
So, if you are starting out in film and have an interesting short-film project, we hope to see you on our screen in 2021!
- "Ongezien Kort Jury Award - International"
- "Audience award - International"
- "Ongezien Kort Jury Award - National"
- "Audience award - National"
- No (genre) limits (fiction, documentary, animation, experimental, ...)
- No music videos
- Maximum length: 25min
- English or Dutch subtitles. The film will not be screened without subtitles.
- Upon selection, a DCP of the movie should be made available
- Entry deadline: 10th july 2021
Ongezien Kort will not communicate about a film's selection before the regular deadline. The selection committee's decision is final and no feedback will be given. If a film is selected, it can not be withdrawn.