One-Reeler is a unique Los Angeles-based international awards competition that recognizes and promotes short films with a runtime of 12 minutes or less. Attracting filmmakers from all over the world, the competition emphasizes original, concise and impactful storytelling – the same qualities film festivals and distributors look for. With hundreds of short films submitted every year, placement in our competition signifies to the film community that your “one-reeler” is exceptional. Recognized by IMDb Awards, past competition Winners have also won or been nominated for: BAFTAs, Critics Choice Awards, Emmys, Genie Awards, Golden Globes, Hollywood Film Awards, Saturn Awards.
Winner laurels in gold, black, and white for your film's marketing and promotion; custom 24k One-Reeler Winner Statuette for our Best Short Film winner; custom One-Reeler Medals available.
• Submissions must be 12 minutes or less (including end credits).
• Submissions in other than English must be subtitled English.
• Screenplay submissions must be uploaded as a PDF file, typed in English, and properly formatted using 12-point Courier font. Most screenwriting software will do this for you.
• Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
• The entry fee for the primary judging category is $60. Each subcategory is $40.
• Please provide an online link to your submission and be sure to include the password on our submission form if applicable. DVDs are not accepted.