One-Reeler is a unique Los Angeles-based international awards competition that recognizes and promotes short films with a runtime of 12 minutes or less. Attracting filmmakers from all over the world, the competition emphasizes original, concise and impactful storytelling – the same qualities film festivals and distributors look for. With hundreds of short films submitted every year, placement in our competition signifies to the film community that your “one-reeler” is exceptional. Recognized by IMDb Awards, past competition Winners have also won or been nominated for: BAFTAs, Critics Choice Awards, Emmys, Genie Awards, Golden Globes, Hollywood Film Awards, Saturn Awards.
Winner laurels in gold, black, and white for your film's marketing and promotion; custom 24k One-Reeler Winner Statuette for our Best Short Film winner; exclusive 15% discount with Distribber, a Video On Demand aggregator that has had success getting short films on popular marketplaces such as iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and more.
• Submissions must be 12 minutes or less (including end credits).
• Submissions in other than English must be subtitled English.
• Screenplay submissions must be uploaded as a PDF file, typed in English, and properly formatted using 12-point Courier font. Most screenwriting software will do this for you.
• Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
• The entry fee for the primary judging category is $60. Each subcategory is $40.
• Please provide an online link to your submission and be sure to include the password on our submission form if applicable. DVDs are not accepted.
Response from festival:
Hello Jacey! Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review. We are grateful for the opportunity to acknowledge your work and hope to see more short films from you in the future.
Thank you once more and congratulations on your placement!
Jeff Hudgins, Organizer - ONE-REELER