The biggest open-air film festival in Central Europe.
From 1st June to 30th September 2023.
- 13th edition
- 15 cities
- Over 2 months of every-day entertainment
- For thousands of Art&Movie lovers
If you are the author of a film about art, or art is an important topic in your film – show it at the first on-air film festival in Poland! The event lasts two months. It takes place in July and August 2024 in the biggest cities of Poland.
Warsaw: Royal Castle, The Amphitheatre at Łazienki Royal-Park, Królikarnia Palace, Park Żeromskiego & accompanying events in Gdańsk, Łódź, Bydgoszcz, Lublin, and Wrocław.
We are looking for the best art productions from all around the world, covering topics such as: painting, photography, sculpture, music, performance, video art, etc.
Last year over 60 films took part in the Festival. Viewers had the opportunity to see not only the films qualified for the competition, but also the best classic movies about art.
Poles are passionate art and movie lovers. Many Polish filmmakers, such as Roman Polański, Andrzej Wajda, Krzysztof Kieślowski, Janusz Kamiński, Sławomir Idziak have contributed to the history of international cinematography.
Show your movie to Polish and international audience, bring your movie-theme closer, and be a part of On Art Festival 2024!
Please notice: we launched On Art - Dance & Music, a festival dedicated to all popular dance and music genres. So if your film is about music and / or dance, we invite you to send your submission for the On Art - Dance & Music contest: https://filmfreeway.com/OnArt-DanceandMusic
From Fine Art to Street Art - all topics are welcomed: painting, theatre, performance, sculpture, video art, etc.
The Festival is open to both categories of filmmakers: professional and independent.
All main genres - fiction, documentary, and animation - are accepted.
Our professional jury will choose:
50 short movies
20 medium or full-length movies.
The chosen films will be shown at the Festival.
You can submit your film to one of the 7 categories:
- Short professional (up to 12 mins)
- Short independent (up to 12 mins)
- Medium length professional (12 - 70 mins)
- Medium length independent (12 - 70 mins)
- Feature film professional (over 70 mins)
- Feature film independent (over 70 mins).
- Video Art (no time limit)
The best movies from each category will be rewarded diplomas and sponsors' gifts.
1. The film is produced after the 1st of January 2022.
2. The Art should play a special role in the film.
3. All main genres are accepted: fiction, animation, documentary, video art, experimental.
4. Films with special method of screening, like 3D or VR glasses – are not accepted.
5. The Festival accepts submissions via FilmFreeway only. We don’t accept physical submissions via post or e-mail (i.e. DVD, flash drive).
6. Films in a language other than English or Polish must have English subtitles.
7. One author can submit any number of works but each film must have a separate entry and fee.
8. Deadline for entries: March 03, 2024.
9. List of selected films: March 16, 2024.
10. If selected, participants will be notified via e-mail. Information will appear on our web-site too.
11. The decisions of the Jury are final. The Festival will not inform about criteria of decisions.
12. Screening copy must be sent using online platforms with downloading options, such as Vimeo.com, WeTransfer.com, Tranz.it, etc.
13. Recommended digital format: MPEG4 / H.264 codec, HD 1920x1080, stereo.
14. The access for audience is free.
15. The Festival do not pay any fees to the authors for screening films and do not cover any expenses related to participation in the Festival, such as travel or accommodation costs.
16. By submitting the film you declare that you have a full copyright of the film and you accept screenings of the film during the Festival and eight months after the end. You grant to the Festival a non-exclusive license to use the film in open-air screenings, indoor screenings and for general advertising materials and other promotional materials.
17. The Festival may use selected shots, information about the authors, photos or stills from the film - for advertising purposes on the website and social media.