Old City Horror Fest is seeking filmmakers to participate in a new festival to be held in the most haunted city in America: St. Augustine, Florida.
This is the inaugural year of a festival celebrating outstanding movies in the horror genre. Our goal is to make it one of the most exciting (and goriest) annual festivals in the Southeast. The festival is run by award-winning local filmmakers, and the event will be held in a haunted local landmark known as The Waterworks.
We want to hear from great talent, and we want to promote your work to a wide range of audiences. There will be screenings, Q&A’s with cast and crew members, and awards presented for exceptional work in a variety of categories.
Audience Choice Award
Best Original Score
Best Special FX Makeup
1. By submitting a film to Old City Horror Fest, the submitter (the “Applicant”) represents that he or she has obtained the necessary consent from all owners, creators, writers, producers and/or other authorized representatives of the film (‘’The Film Owners’’) and has agreed to the terms. By submitting films to Old City Horror Fest under any categories, applicants automatically agree that the ‘’Film Owner’’ will be responsible for any associated legal, financial and ethical implications (claim) associated public exhibition at a film festival.
2. Old City Horror Fest may disqualify or reject submissions that it determines are not in compliance with these terms, and may do so without refunding submission fees.
3. Old City Horror Fest will not pay screening fees for any selected films.
4. Old City Horror Fest reserves all rights to make changes to any festival aspects including the rules and regulation without any prior notification.
A) Eligibility Requirements
All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Dialogue lists are not accepted.
Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry to the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
For any specific questions regarding a film’s eligibility, please email: email@example.com
B) Submission Guidelines
1. Films must be submitted via an online screener hosted by Vimeo or another secure online platform. (It is recommended that films submitted via online screener be available to download). At this time, physical screeners (DVD / BluRay / etc) will not be accepted. Any physical screener sent will be discarded.
2. Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
3. Entrants are permitted to submit works-in-progress (i.e., without final color correction or sound mixing), but please note that the programming committee will only consider the version submitted. Subsequent cuts or replacement copies will only be accepted at the request of the programming committee.
4. Old City Horror Fest is not responsible for damaged, corrupt, or otherwise unviewable screeners.
5. Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no answers will be given about not selected films.
A) Judging & Selection
Old City Horror Fest is judged by an independent panel of film school graduates, industry professionals, and film aficionados. Films are selected for Festival presentation by Old City Horror Fest programming committee. If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact the entrant by email. The Festival does not provide feedback or screening notes.
B) Entry Fees
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable. Fees cover registration, registration notification, full consideration by the programming department, and notification of the results.
C) Submitting your movie, you authorize The Old City Horror Fest use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills in our social media.