:: WRITER SUBMISSIONS -- NOW OPEN::
:: ACTOR SUBMISSIONS OPEN JULY 1st 2022 at 12pm PST::
4th Annual Ya Tu Sabes Monologue Slam sponsored by NBC Universal.
The Nosotros Ya Tu Sabes Monologue Slam presented by NBC Universal has proven to be a highly successful showcase to fosters emerging diverse Latinx Writers and Actors, creating breakthrough opportunities for all our finalists.
HOW IT WORKS: After a multi-round audition process, (12) Writers and (12) Actors will be selected by a panel of esteemed judges to perform submitted original monologues on camera as part of a full production in Hollywood. Then the completed production will stream online through various platforms and be shared directly with industry professionals with its premiere at the Ricardo Montalbán Theatre in the heart of Hollywood for an audience of industry professionals, family, and friends.
We are accepting submissions from all Latinx backgrounds, all ages 18+ & over, sexual orientations, including gender fluid, non-confirming, and people with disabilities. Our team of judges read submissions through a blind read process so that everyone has an equal opportunity. Selections are made on the basis of the work submitted.
Writers - We encourage you to write what you know, what you see, what you feel. Tell us your story, tell us a made up story, tell us a story that is engaging, entertainment and universal - but make it your own. Think outside the box for example imagine....
- Sci-Fi, Horror, Western...
- Or the first Latino to set foot on Mars?
- Or how would you confess your love on a national platform?
- What would be your inauguration speech after being the first Latino to voted president?
WHY YTS: Recent studies conducted by local universities have demonstrated that the Latinx voice and representation is underwhelming and misplaced in the entertainment industry. Nosotros recognizes that there is a severe disconnect and a largely negative perception of Latinx in Hollywood. Thus, we have created this program to give up-and-coming and established Latinx writers and actors a platform to be recognized for their talents by networks and studios. Many of our Nosotros members and participants have been directly called in for network and studio table readings, guest star and series regular roles, and producer sessions from being seen in our programs.
Announcement of the top 24 Semifinalist monologues will be made September 1st, 2022.
Top (24) Semifinalist Monologue Writers and Actors:
-Official Announcement by Nosotros and Affiliated Partners via Social Media and Newsletter Platforms.
--Acknowledgement in the Ya Tu Sabes industry wide EPK.
Top (12) Finalist Monologue Writers and Actors:
-Official Announcement by Nosotros and Affiliated Partners via Social Media and Newsletter Platforms.
Prizes to include:
-$2500 cash prize to winning Writer and Winning Actor
-Acknowledgement in the Ya Tu Sabes industry wide EPK.
-Official Announcement on Deadline.comm and other news outlets
-Final Draft Software
-Industry Generals Meetings with NBC, Netflix and Casting Executives.
Audience Choice Winning Monologue Writer and Actor:
-$1000 cash prize to winning Writer and Winning Actor
- Acknowledgement in the Ya Tu Sabes industry wide EPK.
- Final Draft Software
**Additional prizes will be announced soon**
Follow us @Nosotrosorg for updates
WRITER SUBMISSION RULES:
Submission -- NOW OPEN:
Monologue submission genres may include comedy, drama, and dramedies. Nosotros is committed to selecting original and quality writing from both established and emerging Latinx writers of diverse backgrounds from around the world. Characters reflecting positive portrayals of Latinx are highly encouraged.
-Must be an Original monologue
- 2 pages MAX (per monologue)
- 2 Original monologue submission per submission.
- Must use a standard screenplay format
- English (Our audience will be bilingual but mainly English-speaking)
- This is a blind read. Do not include your name or contact information on the monologue pages (no watermarks, no cover pages). Only include the title for your monologue.
- We kindly ask to please refrain from using foul language for the soul purpose of shock value.
- You MUST submit bio, and head shot.
ACTOR SELF-TAPE SUBMISSION RULES:
- Submissions start July 1, 2022
-You will choose a monologue from the Ya Tu Sabes top 24 Semifinalist monologues posted on our website when released.
-Choose up to two (2) monologues - edit to one tape submission.
(DO NOT SUBMIT TWO TAPES OR YOU WILL BE CHARGED TWICE).
-TAPE LENGTH: 5 Min MAX
-SLATE: Name, Home Base, Monologue Name
-FILE NAME: Name_Home Base_Monologue Name
-- You MUST submit bio, and head shot.
-All submissions are final and not eligible for a refund
-Accepting submissions from all Latinx backgrounds, all ages 18+ & over, sexual orientations, including gender fluid, non-confirming, and people with disabilities.
- Any submission not following the rules will be disqualified
- All disqualified will not be eligible for a refund
DISCOUNT CODE: All current paying Contributing Member will receive a discount code to submit per submission windows.
Nosotros appreciates your interest in submitting to our Ya Tu Sabes Monologue Slam. By submitting you are hereby accepting and agreeing the following terms and conditions:
I have volunteered to participate in Ya Tu Sabes Monologue Slam hosted Nosotros (the “Program”). In that regard, I am today voluntarily submitting to Nosotros my material summarized on the following page and any other material I may submit to you (collectively, the “Submitted Material”) pursuant to the following terms:
1. I understand and agree that Nosotros and its co-sponsors will make all decisions regarding participation in the Program in their sole discretion, without any limitation whatsoever, including without limitation who to select for the Program. I understand that I may not be selected for the Program and that by submitting the Submitted Material I am not guaranteed to be part of the Program or any future programs.
2. I have created and am submitting the Submitted Material completely voluntarily. Nosotros has not hired or otherwise retained me, in any way, to create or submit the Submitted Material. I understand that Nosotros will neither pay me any money nor provide me any other consideration for creating or submitting the Submitted Material, for executing this Agreement, or for granting any of the rights granted in this Agreement. I also understand that Nosotros has not promised to license or otherwise acquire the rights to any of the Submitted Materials other than those rights I grant in Paragraph 4 below, or to hire me for my writing services in the future, or to find me representation or future work or bookings. Except as provided below, or otherwise agreed in writing, all costs and expenses I may incur in connection with my submission of the Submitted Material, or my participation in the Program (if selected) will be my sole responsibility.
3. I understand and agree that I am not submitting the Submitted Material in confidence and that no confidential relationship is, or is intended to be, created between Nosotros and me by my submission of the Submitted Material. Nothing in this Agreement, nor my creation or submission of the Submitted Material, shall be deemed to place Nosotros in any different position from any other member of the public with respect to the Submitted Material. Accordingly, Nosotros may use any part of the Submitted Material that any member of the public freely could use without liability to me.
4. Nosotros may use all or any part of the Submitted Material, as well as my name, voice and likeness, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, and in perpetuity, in connection with the Program, or any future talent development programs. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, I agree that Nosotros may have the Submitted Material performed (and may videotape or otherwise record any such performances) for its internal review, may screen the Submitted Material and any performances, and may use the Submitted Material and any performances thereof to determine whether to invite me to participate in any other programs. I also agree that Nosotros may use portions of the Submitted Material or any performances thereof in promotions for the Program, and any future programs. Notwithstanding the preceding sentences, I shall have the right to terminate Nosotros rights to use the material as set forth in this paragraph at any time commencing two (2) years from the date of this submission, upon written notice addressed to the Nosotros Law Department at the address listed above and delivered by certified or registered mail, in which case the rights granted in this paragraph shall be terminated upon the Law Department’s receipt of such notice (unless the notice is received less than two (2) years after the date of this Agreement, in which case the rights shall not terminate until that date which is two (2) years after the date of this Agreement.)
5. I declare that all of the important features and elements of the Submitted Material are summarized on the second page of this form and any of its attachments or enclosures, and that I have disclosed no other important features or elements to Nosotros. I warrant that I have originally created the Submitted Material and that the Submitted Material is free from all claims or encumbrances and that no one else to my knowledge has any right to it. I believe the Submitted Material and its features and elements to be unique and novel. However, I recognize that other persons, including Nosotros own employees, may have submitted to Nosotros or others, or made public, or may in the future create and submit, or make public, similar or identical material that Nosotros may have the right to use, and I understand that I will not be entitled to any compensation because of Nosotros use of other similar or identical material. I understand and agree that Nosotros use of material containing features or elements similar or identical to those contained in the Submitted Material will not obligate Nosotros to negotiate with me or entitle me to any compensation if Nosotros have an independent legal right to use that other material (for example, because the features or elements are not new or novel, were not originated by me, or were or may hereafter be independently created and submitted by other persons, including Nosotros employees). Any portion of the Submitted Material that, in accordance with the preceding sentence and Paragraph 3 above, Nosotros is entitled to use without obligation to me is referred to herein as “Unprotected Material.” Any portion of the Submitted Material that does not constitute Unprotected Material is referred to herein as “Protected Material.”
6. I understand that pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, Nosotros does not promise to license or acquire any rights to the Submitted Material other than those rights set forth in Section 4, above, or to hire or otherwise retain me for my writing services in the future. Nosotros does agree to have an employee consider the Submitted Material. If Nosotros wants to use any Protected Material in any manner other than those described in Section 4 above, or if Nosotros wishes to hire or retain me for my writing services, I understand that we would have to separately meet and negotiate the terms of any usage or any such potential future arrangements and enter into separate agreements that would supersede this Agreement with regard to those specific material or my services.
7. This Agreement shall be interpreted under the internal, substantive laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of law provisions thereof.
9. I acknowledge and agree that if I reference or include a link to my website(s) or my social media profiles or platforms in or in connection with the Submitted Material, all of the material on such website(s) and social media profiles and platforms will be considered Submitted Material for the purposes of this Agreement and will be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
10. I have retained a copy of the Submitted Material, and I release Nosotros from liability for loss of or damage to the Submitted Material.
11. This Agreement constitutes our entire understanding with respect to its subject matter. Any modification or waiver must be in writing, signed by both of us. The invalidity of any provision will not affect the remaining provisions. This Agreement applies equally to any other material that I may submit to Nosotros, unless agreed in writing to the contrary at the time of the submission.
12. No termination of this Agreement, and no acts with respect to the Submitted Material (such as Nosotros returning it to me) will be deemed to affect our respective rights under this Agreement (including those as to amount of compensation, agreement to arbitrate, and time for bringing any action), and all rights will survive any termination or acts.