The Nosferatu Film Festival is an international festival and was created to showcase independent horror movies from around the world and to to inspire people to watch, make and learn about film. We are dedicated to showcasing films from the world's most talented independent filmmakers.
Our selection team programs every kind of film in the horror genre: from sci-fi to gore, and everything in between.
We are currently taking submissions for our triannual film festival! We will be screening, official selections, every four months.
CALL FOR ENTRIES!
The Nosferatu Film festival is looking for feature length, Long short and short films to screen during it’s 2020-21 program.
SCREENING & VOTING DATES:
Online Season 1 will screen October - November 2020
Online Season 2 will screen February - March 2021
Online Season 3 will screen June - July 2021
WINNERS SCREENING DATES:
Winners from the 3 screening seasons will be screening at the new 6 screen Savoy Cinema Complex in the Civic and Cultural Quarter of Doncaster.
August 14th 2021
August 21st 2021
Get massive exposure for your films.
All films submitted to NFF will also be submitted, if you agree, to the U.S. TV show 13 O'clock Theater. Which is a broadcast show airing in over 50 million homes across America.
Our panels of judges include film critics, producers, actors, and other filmmakers.And of course the Audience.
Best Female Performance
Best Male Performance
Best Supernatural Horror Film
Best Zombie Film
Best Sci-Fi Horror
Best Comedy Horror
Best Animated Horror
Best Special FX
Best Student Horror
Best Student Director
Honourable Mention Awards
Best Film Poster Award
Every winner will also receive a FilmFreeway waiver for their next submission to the Nosferatu Film Festival
Additional prizes may be available from sponsors.
- Horror Short, any work with a length shorter than 20 minutes
- Horror Long Short, any work with a length between 20 and 45 minutes
- Horror Feature, any work with a length longer than 45 minutes
- We recommend that non-English language films be subtitled in English.
- All entries must be complete.
There is no 'Film Made By' date in NFF. We will show horror films from any year. Please feel free to submit your early work as well as your current.
You may submit more than one project.
Films entered may win multiple awards.
We welcome blood, pus and gore but we will not accept any project containing sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia or ableism.
All films are eligible, even if your film is publicly available online, has screened at other film festivals or is currently being distributed. We do not restrict submissions except those areas listed above .
Filmmakers must provide online preview screeners. Any other method must receive prior approval from the festival. Please do not ship DVD’s or other materials to our office unless requested.
PLEASE NOTE: We DO NOT pay screening fees. If any screening fee is requested by filmmaker(s), the associated film will be disqualified.
It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to clear all rights before your film screens at the festival. By Submitting your film(s) you acknowledge and agree:
1. Your film or video is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
2. You are duly authorised to submit this film to the Nosferatu Film Festival.
3. You hold Nosferatu Film Festival, its owners, management, agents, sponsors, affiliates harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from your entry.
4. You certify that you have full rights to the use of the music in the entered work.
5. You give permission for Nosferatu Film Festival to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the film for promotional purposes on social media and print.
6. You give permission for selected films, for online screening to be uploaded to an online streaming service.
7. You agree that all entry fees are non refundable.