The New York City International Screenplay Awards is the most reputable and respected screenplay contest in the Big Apple.
As a subsidiary of Screenplay Awards Network, our team is committed to supporting screenwriters and creating opportunities for the best up-and-coming screenwriting talent. We have helped dozens of screenwriters find representation and work. Come be part of our network and see why screenwriters all around the world are saying NYCISA is the best screenwriting competition around.
Luc Walporth - A seasoned Director of digital, documentary, and narrative content. His science fiction masterpiece Replika put him on the map as a highly touted international director, leading to his most recent feature film, "Baby Money," set to be released summer 2020.
Brooks Kephart - A multi-faceted producer with tons of production experience with various budget ranges, and platforms. His most recent feature credits include "Judy Small" starring Haley Joel Osment, "James the Second" starring Lynn Collins, "Captain Black" and "The 6th Degree."
Kristen Brancaccio - A writer, director, producer, and founder of Exit Twelve Productions, her focus is on the production of narrative digital content. She recently wrote and directed the digital pilot Expiration Date: Resistance for the SYFY network and was a Top 10 directing finalist on HBO's Project Greenlight.
Josh Edwards - Josh is the Owner/Founder of E Cubed Management, a talent management company that provides exceptional representation to extraordinary talent. He is a 13 year veteran with an impressive background in entertainment law and production.
Petrina Hull - As an accomplished development executive, she had central roles on Academy Award-winning features including “Mad Max: Fury Road” and “Happy Feet”. She actively develops multi-platform projects from early conception to worldwide delivery, and is currently developing a slate of projects.
Winners of the Feature, TV Pilot, and Short screenplay contests receive:
» Phone Introduction With A Producer In Our Network
» Full Scope Data and analytics & rewrite suggestions from Scriptmatix
» Media Exposure
– All writers, without regard to age and country of origin, are eligible
– The material must be written in English and submitted as a PDF file. The file must not be encrypted or password protected.
– There is no limit to the number of competitions you may submit and the number of times you may submit one project.
– All entry fees are non-refundable.
– All submitted material must be original to the screenwriter.
– All copyright, ownership, and derivative rights to the material submitted remains with the original rights holders and/or author.
– The material submitted must not have been optioned or produced and must be fully owned by the screenwriters.
– All scripts should be written per industry-standard screenplay format.
– Prior winners cannot win the same contest twice, while there is no limit to the number of times a previous finalist, semi-finalist, and quarter-finalists may resubmit.
– Feature scripts should not exceed 130 pages. TV scripts should not exceed 75 pages. Short Scripts should not exceed 30 pages.