The New York City Cannabis Film Festival brings the best of cannabis film media to the most diverse audience in the world. By exploring and celebrating the plant through the cinematic lens we hope to raise the public's level of consciousness around Cannabis.
We welcome both documentary and fictional projects that promote positive messages related to cannabis. Our festival showcases a variety of Feature & Short Films as well as Feature & Short Documentary films.
NYCCFF gives filmmakers mainstream audience exposure and provides a forum to share their work with distributors and the general public in one of the biggest cities in the world. The festival provides a venue for cannabis-related businesses and organizations to enlighten attendees during a full weekend of events, workshops and activities.
Village Voice on NYCCFF: http://tinyurl.com/oyfz9uo
Prizes will be presented for award winning Features & Short Films in varying categories at the 2018 NYC Cannabis Film Festival.
Our panel of judges will decide Best Feature Film, Best Short Film, Trailblazer award and will award them prizes.
All winners will receive a festival award.
*Cannabis doesn’t need to be the focus but should be related somehow to your movie.
*Feature length films are eligible for consideration if they have been made after January 1st, 2012.
*Feature length films will be ineligible if they have been made before the year date of 2012. Feature length films will be ineligible if they have been sold through distribution on DVD, or have been available to watch publicly online before the New York City Cannabis Film Festival. The creators of the New York City Cannabis Film Festival are allowed to bend these rules at any time on a case by case basis.
*For short films, there is no premiere requirement (films could have already played in the New York City area and can appear online before the festival and are still eligible for consideration).
* Films that are 35 minutes or longer in length are considered feature films. Anything under 35 minutes is considered a short film.
* We only accept Online Submissions for preview screening. DVD's are allowed to be mailed per communication in email.
* Online submissions must be made through our "Contact Us" email form.
* More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form.
* If your film is selected, then you will be asked to provide stills from the film; press materials; headshot and filmography of director; and video trailer (if available). Please do not send in press materials until asked to do so by the festival.
* DVDs and other submitted materials will not be returned. Please do not send film prints, master tapes or other originals.
* If you want confirmation that your entry has been received by the New York City Cannabis Film Festival, please include all contact information including, phone, email, and address stating you want confirmation.
* All film entries selected for the Festival grant the New York City Cannabis Film Festival the rights to use footage, stills and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes.
* All films submitted must be free from any legal disputes and the filmmaker must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition.
* All filmmakers will be notified of acceptance no later than October 1st, 2018.
* NYCCFF reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees.
* Filmmakers will be notified no later than October 1st, 2018.
* We only accept Online Submissions for preview screening. DVD's are allowed to be mailed per communication in email (NTSC Region 1 only).
* Our cinemas will be running large venue HD digital projectors and we will require your film to be delivered for screening as an uncompressed video file, preferably uncompressed Quicktime files. You will be required to upload your uncompressed video file via a file sharing service you have access to, or via thumb drives sent in with pre-paid return envelopes.
*Priority is given to Medical Cannabis documentary films. Only Medical Cannabis films can receive a waiver to enter at No Charge. Contact us with a brief synopsis of your film to be approved.