Welcome to the Nashville Independent Filmmakers Festival.
This is an award ceremony that showcases the best independent films worldwide. Every season we award the best filmmakers, writers and producers. We showcase various genres, from non-fiction to fiction films, and we accept both short and featured movies. We get films from all over the world, from US filmmakers and international ones. The main criterion for participating in the festival is the artistic criteria and
merits. Considering our professional platform, we hope
to provide a suitable environment for the introduction
of short films and feature films.
This is a seasonal festival and all the works are reviewed and evaluated privately by the jury, and finally, the jury announces the best result. Filmmakers have the option to request an online screening.
Best US Narrative Short
Best International Narrative Short
Best Feature Film
Best Documentary Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best Experimental Short
Best Student Short
Best LGBTQ Short
Best Micro Short
Best Erotic Short
Best Music Video
Best High-school Level Short
Best Human Right Short
Best Women-Centered Short
Best Horror Short
Best Comedy Short
Best Short Director
Best Short Producer
Best Feature Director
Best Feature Producer
Best Short Actor
Best Short Actress
Best Short Editor
Best Feature Actor
Best Feature Actress
Best Short Script
Best Unproduced Short Script
Best Feature Script
Best Feature Unproduced Script
Terms & Rules
1. We select films for the Festival that have been made since 2015
2. For short films, the maximum time is 50 minutes.
3. Micro-short film is considered a film that is less than 5 minutes.
4. By sending the film to our Festival, the filmmaker undertakes to have all the film’s rights and present it in the festival environment.
5. If you register for the Festival, your money will be non-refundable.
6. The Festival has complete independence and freedom in choosing and awarding films. Festival reserve the right not to give an award to a category or to select a film and its crew as an award winner for another category that it sees more fit. If a movie is nominated, the festvial office will contact the entrant by email. The Festival does not provide feedback or screening notes to entries that are not selected.
7. This Festival is held voluntarily by a group of volunteers. Its members’ goal is to respond to filmmakers in the shortest possible time within a maximum of three days.
8. We accept films of all genres.
9. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted. A separate submission and a separate entry fee must accompany each entry.
10. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English.