Welcome to NYLIFF.
JOIN THE NYLIFF NETWORK NOW AND SAVE! submit early for 2023 and save!!
2023 Submissions ARE OPEN!
NYLIFF, now in its FIFTH year will once again be making changes and additions. Our team is already hard at work planning for 2023 and will continue in multiple locations over multiple days. NYLIFF 2022 was a MASSIVE success and we thank everyone who submitted films and attended the festival. We are committed to our mission statement of being the festival for everyone and accepting films from ALL budgets, genres and subject matter and providing a place where filmmakers can meet, grow and network. We took that mission statement to new heights in 2022 and tripled the amount of films from year one and quadrupled attendance!!
The New York Long Island Film Festival which debuted Nov. 2019 returned on October 2020 at the Lindenhurst Moose Lodge in front of a live sold out crowd! NYLIFF was committed to giving the filmmakers and their teams the opportunity to show their films, receive feedback and audience reaction and network with other creative minds and talents and as such was the ONLY FESTIVAL to go fully live in 2020!
Our goal continues to be to give equal opportunity to ALL filmmakers, writers and artists who put their HEART and SOUL into their craft, especially those who may not have all the resources necessary to perfectly polish their work! Artists in the past were discovered for their unique talents and abilities even if all the technical aspects were not in place. Recognizing a great story, actor, script or any other artist while not yet perfected should be the job of those doing the evaluating. Whether you have a 10 million dollar indie or an ultra low-budget iphone short, we are interested in you.
Our growing team brings years of experience as writers, actors, musicians and of course filmmakers, dedicated to bringing the greatest talents to our big screens as well as discovering those hidden geniuses and gems out there. It is this standard of excellence and commitment we hope will establish us as the most innovative, all-inclusive festival in the New York area for years to come.
The festival will take place in Lindenhurst New York, on Long Island - less than an hour from Manhattan, with ease of travel by car or train.
We will be presenting Q & A with filmmakers, actors and business people and encourage networking, filmmakers young and old and brain-storming. We will be posting updates throughout the year on all the new developments we are preparing for 2022!
BRAND NEW FOR OUR FIFTH YEAR: There will be PHYSICAL awards for best feature, best shorts and best directors, certificates for all categories as well as a plaque for the Spirit of NYLIFF Award!
Rules & Terms
Rules & Regulations
Terms and Conditions:
I, the authorized representative of the project being submitted acknowledge the following:
1. I represent and warrant to the Institute that: (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights or interests
2. I further represent and warrant, on behalf of myself and the Project’s Owners, that the exhibition of the Project at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity, and that the Project does not constitute or include a defamation of any person or entity.
3. I nor any of the Project’s Owners will receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at the Festival may include cash awards.
4. By completing my submission application for 2019 New York Long Island Film Festival consideration via FilmFreeway, I freely and voluntarily give and express my full and complete acceptance of all of the terms and provisions set forth in these Terms and Conditions. I acknowledge that no oral representations, inducements, promises or assurances of any kind, and no representations, inducements, promises or assurances not set forth in these Terms and Conditions, have been made to me or the Project’s Owners by the Festival, or any NYLIFF Related Parties.
5. By entering project into the festival, full permission is granted to use clips and excerpts to promote the film and the festival prior to the event as well as full permission for showing the film in the event NYLIFF decides on a virtual component to the festival.