Top 100 Film Festivals, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019,
Welcome to the Upstate NY Horror Film Festival! BRRR, it's cold!
NEW "Short Clown Movie with a chance to come on a feature!"
Welcome to 2021. Covid hit us hard but we will hit back harder and scarier!
2020 official selections will be joining the 2021 official selections, in a longer event, with separate awards, vendors, and special guest(s).
*Entertainment and special guest are subject to change to schedule conflict*
Check out some of the films from our previous year,
Yr 2 https://youtu.be/SYiLeTKy8Sc .
Yr 3 https://youtu.be/nBew9F55JeM
Yr 4 https://youtu.be/CZlvlmxNBxM
YR 5 https://youtu.be/Sv1Wh7Ul1nk
YR 6 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4m7iLXOV26U
YR 7 COVID YEAR (Moved with Year 8! 2021)
Awards & Prizes
Best Director (Short and Feature)
Best Short Film
Best Sci-fi Film
Best Fantasy Film
Best Special Effects
Best Sound Design
Best Sci-Fi Film
Best Fantasy Film
Best Student Film
Best NY horror Film
Best Foreign horror Film
Best Animation Horror Film
Best Horror Script
Best Sci-Fi Script
Best Scenic Photography and Aerial shots
Best Creepy Photography and Aerial shots
and many more additional awards.
*No Entry Waivers*
• All submissions to the Upstate NY Horror Film Festival (the "Festival") must include,
in one delivery: (a) the applicable entry fee; and (b) the submission. Multiple entries require multiple submission packages. All submissions are subject to these guidelines and rules (the "Festival Rules").
Submission deadlines for this festival are posted.
• Film submissions must be provided on a digital file (FilmFreeway/Vimeo/Youtube) (please test before sending)
•Once selected, please send movie in Highest format (up to 4gb for shorts) (Feature films can go up to 10 GB) mp4. h264 files only, Window Base.
• Submissions must be English language or English subtitled.
• Include title and name of contact on all media, materials, and containers.
• Do not send originals. The Festival is not responsible for materials lost or damaged in transit.
• Submissions must be available for screening during the Upstate NY Horror Fest
• Upstate NY Horror Film Festival reserves the right to change submission categories.
Eligibility and category determinations, along with prize awards, are the sole discretion of the Festival.
• We ONLY accept films from a horror, horror comedy, suspense, thriller, science fiction or any other genre related to horror/thriller. Films will only be accepted in the following categories: Short horror/thriller films with a time limit under 30 minutes, trailers, features
. We will accept Trailers or short promos that deal with the horror genre.
All films selected, Digital, must be given three weeks prior to festival. Any copies received after, will be considered for the next year.