**Ready for a year, that isn't meant for Clowning around? Submissions are now open!! In addition to the previous six years, we are now accepting sci-fi and Fantasy films along with Music videos and from last year, photography, aerial shots, and Horror script **
Upstate NY Horror Film Fest is in its 7th year and oh what a new dimension year it will be. We have decided to open up submissions starting Monday October 14th, 2019.
With three full days of films (Friday, Sat and Sunday) in Rochester NY along with an award ceremony and film makers networking party.
Special guest Eileen Dietz (original Exorcist Demon)
*Entertainment and people are subject to change to schedule conflict*
Check out some of the films from our previous year,
Yr 2 https://youtu.be/SYiLeTKy8Sc .
Yr 3 https://youtu.be/nBew9F55JeM
Yr 4 https://youtu.be/CZlvlmxNBxM
YR 5 https://youtu.be/Sv1Wh7Ul1nk
YR 6 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4m7iLXOV26U
Awards & Prizes
Best Director (Short and Feature)
Best Short Film
Best Sci-fi Film
Best Fantasy Film
Best Special Effects (Short and Feature)
Best Cinematography (Short an. O. d Feature)
Best Sound Design (Short and Feature)
Best Actor (Short and Feature)
Best Actress (Short and Feature)
Best Gore (Short and Feature)
Audience Choice (Short and Feature)
Best Sci-Fi Film (Short and Feature)
Best Fantasy Film
Best Student Film
Best NY horror Film (Short and Feature)
Best Foreign horror Film (Short and Feature)
Best Animation Horror Film
Best Horror Script
Best Sci-Fi Script
NEW Best Horror Script 12 pages and Under
Best Scenic Photography and Aerial shots
Best Creepy Photography and Aerial shots
and many more additional awards.
*No Entry Waivers*
• All submissions to the Upstate NY Horror Film Festival (the "Festival") must include,
in one delivery: (a) the applicable entry fee; and (b) the submission. Multiple entries require multiple submission packages. All submissions are subject to these guidelines and rules (the "Festival Rules").
Submission deadlines for this festival are posted.
• Film submissions must be provided on a digital file (FilmFreeWay/Vimeo/Youtube) (please test before sending)
•Once selected, please send movie in Highest format (up to 4gb for shorts) (Feature films can go up to 10 GB) mp4. h264 files only, Window Base.
• Submissions must be English language or English subtitled.
• Include title and name of contact on all media, materials, and containers.
• Do not send originals. The Festival is not responsible for materials lost or damaged in transit.
• Submissions must be available for screening during the Upstate NY Horror Fest
• Upstate NY Horror Film Festival reserves the right to change submission categories.
Eligibility and category determinations, along with prize awards, are the sole discretion of the Festival.
• We ONLY accept films from a horror, horror comedy, suspense, thriller, science fiction or any other genre related to horror/thriller. Films will only be accepted in the following categories: Short horror/thriller films with a time limit under 30 minutes, trailers, features
. We will accept Trailers or short promos that deal with the horror genre.
All films selected, Digital, must be given by September 15th, 2017. Any copies received after, will be considered for the next year, 2018.
-Being the first year as the new submissions for the 12 page script, get it made... If not enough entries are submitted, the film festival, UNYHFF, has the right to refund all who entered. In exchange, will give them a entry fee waiver for the following year