The 2nd Annual NYC DOE/MOME Public School Film Festival is open to NYC Dept. of Education middle and high school students of all learning abilities and backgrounds. 20 films will be selected for the festival by a panel of educators and media professionals, and each film selected will receive a certificate of participation.
The filmmakers will be invited to a special screening day April 7, 2020 at Film at Lincoln Center - Walter Reade Theater, followed by lunch and a Film College and Career Fair.
Submissions will be accepted between Jan 3 and Feb 27,2020. Films will be selected and notification given by early March 2020.
Films must be 5 min. or less, in .mp4 or .mov format. Up to 4 submissions per school may be entered. Films must have original or public domain music. Categories are:
• Short feature/narrative
No nudity, profanity or violent acts are permitted.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
To be eligible for consideration:
1. Entrants must fully comply with these Rules & Regulations, including deadlines and entry material requirements.
2. Non-English language works must have English subtitles at the time of submission.
3. Films must be 5 minutes or less in length.
4. Films must have been completed after January 1, 2019.
5. Filmmakers must be presently enrolled in New York City public middle school or high school.
6. Youth filmmakers must play the major creative role on the production of the submitted works— as directors, writers, and/or editors.
7. No nudity, profanity or violent acts are permitted.
8. All music must be original or in the public domain.
9. Entries must be submitted by a NYCDOE employee.
10. Each school can submit up to 4 entries in total.
All entries must include the following:
• Completed application
• Completed Film submitted to filmfreeway.com
There is no entry fee.