Video Arte Faenza its a contemporary international video art screening. Started in 2018 with screening scenarios in Colombia and Cuba
The first display was screened in May 2018. 70 video works were screened in the programmes: ‘Feel-it’, ‘Abstract-it’, ‘Play Local’ and ‘Ephemeral’ together with the screening of the video work by guest artists Miler Lagos and Ricardo Moreno
The second edition was screened in May 2019. 82 video works from 73 different countries were selected and curated in the programmes ‘Abstract-it’, ‘Human’, ‘Play Local’ and ‘Social does not mean nonpolitical’ together with the video work by guest artists Mario Opazo (retrospective of his video work) and Mauricio Rivera Henao.
VAF travelled to Santiago de Cuba, Cuba, in 2019, by invite from artist and curator Frank Lahera O’Callaghan and Asociación de los Hermanos Saíz -AHS-, whom with VAF begins an official association, adding Cuba as an scenario to screen VAF yearly, in the Caribbean isle.
It's third edition is in Colombia in May and in Cuba in July 2021.
The open call will select pieces of work which:
• Add to the discourse of contemporary art
• Are coherent with their own discourse and the materialization of it (digitalization of image)
• Quality of videographic work
Selected works will be organized in projection programmes according to the discourse and conversation between them.
We invite established artists as well as emerging ones together with students to participate and share their work in progress or finished one and be part of the second version of Video Arte Faenza
• Top duration per video: 5 minutes
• Selected videos will be projected on video art festivals, Colombian and international art cinemas; when you agree to participate, you acknowledge that the videos will be presented to a broader public and agree to be part of new spaces that Video Arte_Faenza finds for the work to be displayed. No fees will be charged to the public
• Videos should display the name of the artist, title of the work at the beginning and credits by the end.
• When videos contain languages different from Spanish or English, please include subtitles in either of those two languages.
• All pieces of work should be music and image Copyright free
• Open subject