MosFilmFest is an international film competition with an annual awards event in Moscow.
MosFilmFest is an organization devoted to showcasing the best and brightest films from around the globe, advancing the careers of filmmakers through screenings, networking events, and various panel and forums. Categories include Narrative, Animation, Documentary, Music Video, Experimental and Student Shorts.
MosFilmFest is an avid supporter of local and international filmmakers representing cinematic productions that embody the true spirit of the art. From classic or original scripts to new cinematography and film techniques, each and every piece is the result of true emotion and expression.
We're glad you're here! We can't wait to discover the amazing films you create and the global community that you build.
All best films that were selected for the screening, will be shown online and offline on the big screen during the solemn final ceremony on September 14 - 19, 2021 in Moscow, Russia and will be able to struggle for the main prize and the title of the "Best film". As well as for the prizes in the standalone nominations.
The organizers assume the expenses connected with invitation of the author of the selected for the main competition film to Moscow on a period of two days. Participants of program can be accommodated in a festival hotel for two nights.
All films will get privately screened and evaluated by a team of international filmmakers.
Our jury selects the winners of each category:
Best Feature Film
Best Narrative Short
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Animated Short
Best Experimental Short
Best Student Short
Best Music Video
Best Moscow Film
Awards are given in the form of certificates. Please note that awards are given to the director of the film, unless otherwise specified on the entry form.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the MosFilmFest International Film Festival, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
1. We accept International films.
2. MosFilmFest categories include Feature Film, Short Narrative, Short Animation, Feature Documentary, Short Documentary, Music Video, Short Experimental and Student Shorts.
3. Each film must be entered for one of the competitions named above. In some cases, though, the selection committees reserve the right to assign it to another competition or special programme.
4. Films in languages other than English will only be accepted with English subtitles.
5. All types of fllms are accepted. Here are some examples: Absurdist, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Advertising, Art-house, Biographical, Black Comedy, Classic, Children, Comedy, Crime, Dance, Detective, Drama, Cult, Epic, Family, Fantasy, Gangster, Horror, Independent, Indie, Noir, Historical, Kids, LGBT, Magical realism, Musical, Mystery, Melodrama, Road Movie, Philosophical, Romance, Satire, Science Fiction, Silent Films, Slice of Life, Social, Sports, Superhero, Supernatural, Surreal, Suspense, Thriller, Urban, Western, Zombie etc
6. We have no minimum length limit.
7. Films must have been completed after 1 January 2017.
8. All submissions will be viewed in their entirety by at least three judges. Submissions will be judged and scored based on criteria including: quality of screenplay (story, dialogues etc), acting, production quality, originality, technical proficiency, cinematography, sound design, editing, location/s used and set design.
9. The directors of submitted films that are accepted will be notified via e-mail in the beginning of each month. There will be a list of accepted films on our website www.mosfilmfest.ru at the beginning of each month.
10. MosFilmFest will screen Monthly Finalist Films at our Annual Event.
11. We work hard to keep our submission fees as low as possible – consequently we cannot provide fee waivers.
12. MosFilmFest has no festival premiere eligibility requirements. Films that have screened at other festivals are still eligible.
13. MosFilmFest has no public or internet broadcast eligibility requirements. If your short has screened on Vimeo etc, it is still eligible.
14. Changes to submitted films will only be accepted if accompanied by a new submission fee.
15. The decision of the selection committee is final.
16. Stills and trailers of selected films may also be shown on the Festival website and publicity/promo material including press releases, festival brochures and other materials.
17. All entry fees are non-refundable.
18. We accept films only from authors or their authorized representatives who have the written permission from the author. All video, soundtrack, texts and music used in the film should not violate the copyright law. You may be asked to supply documentation supporting your claim. Violation of copyright is a sufficient justification for exclusion of the film from participation in the festival.