MondoFilmFestival is a short film festival born to offer international exposure to independent filmmakers, distributing innovative artistic audiovisual products in four countries around the world: Italy, Kenya, Venezuela and more venues might come up along the way!
The goal is to promote original creative products, while sharing emerging artists' unique visions with international audiences.
That's why there are no restrictions besides the duration: all qualifying submissions must be 15 minutes or under.
Each screening will award a winner, selected by the audience, the only judge we believe in, which will be announced on the event day, as soon as votes are processed by our team.
This means selected films have four times the opportunity to get the recognition they deserve, with one single submission.
- 'Best Short Film' Italy, Audience choice on screening day
- 'Best Short Film' Kenya, Audience choice on screening day
- 'Best Short Film' Venezuela, Audience choice on screening day
- 'Best Short Film' NEW VENUE TO BE CONFIRMED, Audience choice on screening day
- 'Best Short Film' International, the short film with the most votes overall.
-Participation in the "Vision and Action" Masterclass with FILM FUPI ACADEMY
-One private mentorship session, where the filmmaker can discuss future projects and find support for their filmmaking career.
1. We accept films of all genres and nationalities.
2. Films must be no longer than 15 minutes.
3. Entree fees are non-refundable.
4. Filmmakers may submit more than one work.
5. The submitter owns all the rights to the film.
6. Selected films must provide a downloadable file.
7. Selected films must provide subtitles in English, and it's strongly advised to provide subtitles in Italian and Spanish for a better experience for the viewers.
8. Selected films will be required to provide additional materials such as posters, trailers, stills, synopsis, backstage photos and/or director's photo and bio, for promotional purposes online and in print.
9. Awards are audience based only. The final 'Best International Short' will be the result of votes from all the screenings and will therefore be announced once all screenings have taken place.
10. Upon submission, the individual or corporation submitting the film authorises MONDOFF to use publicity materials and to present the film at the public screenings, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.