Miami FearFest is an indie horror, suspense, or sci-fi short film competition made by filmmakers! We're trying to bring the beauty of filmmaking to the Miami area and help our fellow filmmakers make a name for themselves. It's all about passion for art and film.
1st Place: Trophy
2nd and 3rd Place: Trophy
Best Sound/ Music
And more surprises!
- Short film must be 18 minutes long or less. (Shorts that are over 18 minutes long will be disqualified, NO EXCEPTIONS!!)
- Submissions in languages other than English, must be subtitled.
- We accept films of any year of production.
- Short film genre must be horror, sci-fi, suspense, thriller, virtual reality.
- Our jury will screen the films privately.
- We accept films that have been already screened in other festivals.
- We accept films that are already streaming online as long as the contestant is the owner of all copyrights.
- We accept more than one submission.
- Contest is open to everyone, if you are under the age of 18, you must submit your parent/guardian’s name and contact information.
- Submissions must be received before October 6th - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- A brief synopsis of the plot is required with your submission. One black and white OR color promotional still should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org upon submission.