Mammoth Film Festival™ is now going into its 3rd year and we can't wait for 2020! We are humbled the press called us, "...the biggest first year film festival ever organized." Now with our ever expanding "MammothFF Market Place" you can look for this platform to be a place to not only have your project seen but potentially bought and sold! Just visit our website for details or questions and we hope to see you at Mammoth Film Festival 2020: Where Your Vison Is Seen.
Mammoth Film Festival™ aims to lead the charge for an ever-changing landscape of film and media. This festival premiered in 2018 and specialized as an all media platform in celebrating varieties of filmmakers, actors, directors, writers, producers and their work. Regal with the wonderful town of Mammoth Lakes, CA as its beautiful backdrop, “MammothFF” is held in February at the Minaret Cinemas as well as various venues throughout town.
We’re we are proud to be California’s Favorite Winter Film Festival.
This 5 day festival includes Special Events, A Charity Celebrity Bowling Tournament, Educational and Interactive Panels Discussions with Top Industry Leaders and the MammothCON Vendor Exhibition Hall.
We look forward to seeing you all at our upcoming event: February 27- March 2nd, 2020 right here in Mammoth Lakes, CA.
Visit http://MammothFilmFestival.org for information.
"If I’ve picked up one thing up from attending film festivals all over the world, ranging from the most humble in size to the largest and most prestigious, they all have one thing in common. They all celebrate the magic of creation on screen with those who make stories, love telling those stories, and admire craft of that. To bring elements of my personal favorite festivals have meant to me to such a wonderful place like Mammoth and what that area of California has to offer in destination, style, content and quality will be sure to make Mammoth Film Festival™ a one of a kind event." - Tanner Beard, President of Mammoth Film Festival™
The Mammoth Media Institute is an organization that utilizes this destination location (Mammoth Lakes, CA) to bring independent film and television, VR, documentaries, film education and more to the eyes and ears of industry professionals, distributors, producers, financiers etc.
We do this by creating a multiplatform festival (Mammoth Film Festival™) showcasing this media, generating publication with our partners and advisory board through the support of our sponsors. We also have a film education program (Mammoth Film Summit™) that is held twice a year one in Mammoth Lakes and one in a hand selected city in the US. It’s purpose is to educate newer film makers with a broad variety of seminars with working professional: producers, actors, writers and directors. The funds generated go into the institute to host the festival and the film education programs, also to film grants awarded to film makers throughout the year at events across the nation.
Mammoth Media Institute is recognized as a pending 501(c)(3) organization
- Over $25K In Cash Prizes
- Feature Winner First Look with YSM Films
- Short Winner First Look with YSM Films
- Episodic Winner First Look with YSM Films
- Docs Winner First Look with YSM Films
- First Look Deals With Top Production Companies (visit site for details)
- First Look Deals With Top Distribution Companies (visit site for details)
- Poster Competition
- And Much, Much More
(See our website for list of our strategic partners in Distribution opportunities)
2020 MAMMOTH FILM FESTIVAL FILM COMPETITION RULES
The following rules govern all film submissions to the Mammoth Film Festival (“MammothFF” or the “Festival”)
Please Note: Mammoth Film Festival does not waive entry fees. MammothFF believes waiving entry fees hurts the integrity of the competition. The same rules and entry fees should apply to all applicants so no one film is favored over another.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (FilmFreeway), a password-protected streaming URL (please test before sending).
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
4. MammothFF screens films as DCP during the Festival and not digital files such as Blu-Ray or HD-CAM. If you are unable or unwilling to provide us your film as a DCP for exhibition, DO NOT SUBMIT your film.
5. Films must have been completed after March 1, 2017. Films must be available for screening during the Mammoth Film Festival, February 7-Februray 11, 2019.
6. Films that have been submitted to MammothFF in previous years are eligible to be resubmitted, provided they are eligible according to all of MammothFF’s current rules.
7. Films with US distribution (obtained prior to being selected for MammothFF screening) are ineligible for competition, but may be considered for a special screening. Selection for screening will be determined no later than 6 weeks prior to the festival. Films that have screened on US network or cable television or distributed to theaters prior to the festival dates are also ineligible for competition.
8. Short films that are publicly available online prior to the Festival may be considered for exhibition during the Festival, but will be ineligible for Jury Awards. We prefer that shorts not be publicly available online.
9. Feature films must be at least a California premiere. MammothFF will not screen features in competition that have played at other California festivals or screened publicly in a theater in California. We prefer World, North American, and US premieres and all things being equal, will often opt to program the film that has not yet had a release over one that has played at several festivals.
10. Private invite-only screenings (for instance for cast and crew or donors) do not affect a film’s eligibility.
11. MammothFF reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
12. Films that are selected to screen at the Festival may not necessarily be selected to be “in competition” for awards purposes. Notifications regarding potential selection for competition status possibly may occur subsequent to notifications of acceptance for exhibition.
Originality and Permissions; INDEMNITY
1. Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. MammothFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
1. We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished and will judge each submission as a completed work, whether it is or not. Once a film is entered, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut. That said, because MammothFF’s focus is on story, minor technical changes will not affect the final decision of any film. Should the film be accepted to play during the Festival, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply the Festival with their most recent version.
2. Filmmakers who are unsure whether to enter their film into the Narrative Feature Category or one of the genre categories (Dark Matters or Comedy Vanguard) should select the genre category so the film will be watched with that in mind. Mammoth Film Festival reserves the right to switch the entry category or otherwise assign a category to fit programming needs and interests, and films will not be penalized for the original submission selection.
3. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by MammothFF in connection with the dispute.
4. You MUST include your physical address either in your entry or in your cover letter. Please do not submit a film without giving us your address, which we need for our records.
5. Payments made with a check are subject to our Bounced Check Policy: If we receive a returned check from our bank for a payment you made, you will be invoiced for the original amount of the check plus a $25 bounced check fee. The payment of the invoiced amount will be due within 30 days of invoice date. We will not re-submit the original check, nor will we accept another check for repayment. Repayment must be made by money order or cashier’s check.
Selected Films and Winners
1. MammothFF has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
2. MammothFF explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by MammothFF or by its volunteers.
3. Winners will be announced on February 11, 2019. The judges’ decision is final.
4. Winners receiving cash prizes are solely responsible for payment of all applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
I/We have read all of the rules, understand, and have complied with these rules.
I/We warrant the submission of my/our original work and that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission.
I/We also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead.
To the best of my/our knowledge, all the statements herein are true and correct.
I/We understand that failure to adhere to the competition rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
I/We acknowledge that once an entry payment has been processed, MammothFF will not provide a refund.
No revisions of materials will be accepted once entry has been submitted.
BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, I/WE HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.