The Maine Outdoor Film Festival is a multi-day film festival held mid-summer in Portland - Maine's cultural and culinary capital. Filmmakers and attendees will enjoy over 60 films at multiple venues; panel discussions; filmmaker and VIP networking events; Portland's robust beer and foodie scene; a multitude of outdoor recreation opportunities; and much more.
After the Portland flagship festival, MOFF produces a late-summer tour of northeast venues, connecting community and the outdoors through film.
Best Maine Film
Best Maine Short
Best Maine Student Film
Best Film From Away
Best Short Feature
Every award comes with a fancy certificate and a prize from one of our sponsors.
By submitting you agree to the terms.
1. No Umbrella Media LLC owns Maine Outdoor Film Festival LLC, so the agreement is between you (the filmmaker) and No Umbrella Media LLC
2. If your film is accepted, you agree to give No Umbrella a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive license to use, publicly perform, publicly display, copy, distribute, and create derivative works of your submission in connection with the “Maine Outdoor Film Festival” name.
3. You agree that no screening fees will be paid to the filmmaker. MOFF does reserve the right to pay filmmakers a stipend.
4. We agree that No Umbrella will give all credits that we practicably can, given case-by-case circumstances. You warrant that all copyrighted material–music, pictures, web content, videos, art, graphic design, etc. (this is not an exhaustive list, rather it is exemplary)—is either owned by you, or that you have express written permission to use any copyrighted material found in your submission. No exceptions.
5. You agree, that in the event that the previous bullet point turns out to be not true (you have infringed someone else’s copyrights), to indemnify and hold harmless No Umbrella for any claims or threat of claim against the same, and that you will pay for (first), or reimburse (last resort), all costs associated with defending any such claims against No Umbrella for violation of another’s copyright as a result of your submission.
6. You warrant that you have full consent and permission from all people who appear in any identifiable manner in your submission to use their persona in your submission, their knowing and understanding that their image or likeness may be used commercially.
7. You agree to hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless No Umbrella from any and all claims, including, without limitation, claims for damages for libel, infringement of rights of publicity, invasion of privacy, portrayal in a false light, or any other claim from any person based on use of your submission.