The Made in Hawaii Film Festival showcases the best of Hawaii-made independent films.
MIHFF's mission is to spotlight cinema being made in and about the Hawaiian islands in an effort to support Hawaii’s independent arts, foster community engagement, and perpetuate the importance of Hawaiian culture on and off the screen.
Our core team of executives are also filmmakers. Together we create a unique space that not only celebrates Hawai'i on screen, but is built FOR filmmakers, BY filmmakers.
Best Cinematography, Best Feature Film, Best Short Film, and Best Native Hawaiian Film
All films MUST have at least 50 percent of principal photography completed in the state of Hawai'i.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form.
2. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
3. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via FilmFreeway.
4. Your film must have had at least fifty percent of principal photography captured on the Hawaiian islands.
5. Your film must be completed no earlier than January, 2018.
6. We do not accept rough cuts or work in progress cuts.
7. Films must be available for screening during the festival, May 23 - 29, 2020.
8. No revisions of materials will be accepted once entry has been submitted.
Ownership, Originality and Permissions; INDEMNITY
1. All submitted films MUST be the original work of the applicants, with all rights secured. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By submitting your work, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for securing all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials displayed in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. MIHFF disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.