Mister Vorky is an International Festival of One-Minute and Short films, which promotes the best one-minute and short films from all continents. The organizers of the festival is the Independent Film Center Vorky Team, which in this way pays tribute to the great Serbian-American film artist Slavko Vorkapich-Vorky.
Official Festival awards are:
Grand Prix for the Best One-Minute Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
Award for the Best One-Minute Serbian Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
Award for the Best One-Minute Foreign Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
Audience jury award for the Best One-Minute Film - diploma “MISTER VORKY”
Grand Prix "9413" for the Best Short Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
Award for the Best Short Serbian Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
International jury members (two different juries) can choose maximum three special awards (diplomas) for certain film categories. Organizer holds the right to increase prize fund depending on resources of the Festival.
9th International Festival of One-Minute and Short Film
22nd till 26th June 2022, Ruma, Serbia
1. Mister Vorky is an International Festival of One-Minute and Short Film, which promotes the best one-minute and short films from all continents. Organizer of the Festival is Independent Film Center Vorky Team which in this way pays tribute to the great Serbian-American film artists Slavko Vorkapich.
2. Ninth edition of the Festival will be held in Ruma, Serbia from 22nd till 26th June 2022.
3. Goal of the Festival is a presentation of one-minute and short films which are innovative, different, experimental and brave in exploring film language. We are receiving all forms and all genres of the seventh art (fiction, animation, documentary, experimental…).
4. Submitted films for competition program must have following length:
- for competition program of one-minute films: maximum 60 seconds (one minute), together with opening and closing titles (in exceptional cases it may be tolerated that film has closing titles which prolongs complete film longer than one minute to maximum 70 seconds).
- for the competition program "9413" of short films: maximum length of 25 minutes (exceptionally till 30 minutes).
Films produced in the period from 2020 to 2022 are eligible to participate. Festival selectors can select up to 5 one-minute films that were created before 2020, if they deserve to be screened at the festival
5. Beside competition program of one-minute and short films, festival will screen special programs of short films upon invitations only.
6. Festival doesn’t charge any submitting fee or pay screening fee for one-minute films. International short films for the program "9413" will have submitting fee. One author may submit more than one film but each submitted film needs to have separate application form. National (Serbian) short films can submit films free of charge.
7. Submitted films stay in the Festival Archive and they might be used exclusively in non-commercial screenings at educational and cultural facilities and related festivals in Serbia and abroad in order of Festival promotion.
8. Deadline for submitting films is April 24th, 2022. All authors which films are selected will be informed by e-mail till May 15th, 2022.
9. Films which are selected for Festival programs (competition and accompanying) must be delivered via link for download in .mp4 (H264) or .mov format, latest till May 29th, 2022.
10. Films from non-English speaking countries must have English subtitles.
11. Festival has competition and accompanying (non-competition) program – Panorama.
12. Selectors of the Festival selects films for competition and accompanying program.
13. International juries composed of professionals from the field of cinema and visual arts decides on Festival awards.