Mister Vorky is an International Festival of One-Minute and Short films, which promotes the best one-minute and short films from all continents. The organizers of the festival is the Independent Film Center Vorky Team, which in this way pays tribute to the great Serbian-American film artist Slavko Vorkapich-Vorky.
Official Festival awards are:
Grand Prix for the Best One-Minute Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
Award for the Best One-Minute Serbian Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
Award for the Best One-Minute Foreign Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
Audience jury award for the Best One-Minute Film - diploma “MISTER VORKY”
Grand Prix "9413" for the Best Short Film – plaque “MISTER VORKY”
International jury members (two different juries) can choose maximum three special awards (diplomas) for certain film categories. Organizer holds the right to increase prize fund depending on resources of the Festival.
7th International Festival of One-Minute and Short Film
10th till 14th June 2020, Ruma, Serbia
1. Mister Vorky is an International Festival of One-Minute and Short Film, which promotes the best one-minute and short films from all continents. Organizer of the Festival is Independent Film Center Vorky Team which in this way pays tribute to the great Serbian-American film artists Slavko Vorkapich.
2. Seventh edition of the Festival will be held in Ruma, Serbia from 10th till 14th June 2020.
3. Goal of the Festival is a presentation of one-minute and short films which are innovative, different, experimental and brave in exploring film language. We are receiving all forms and all genres of the seventh art (fiction, animation, documentary, experimental…).
4. Submitted films for competition program must have following length:
- for competition program of one-minute films: maximum 60 seconds (one minute), together with opening and closing titles (in exceptional cases it may be tolerated that film has closing titles which prolongs complete film longer than one minute to maximum 70 seconds).
- for competition program "9413" of short films: maximum length of 25 minutes.
Films produced in the period from 2018 to 2020 are eligible to participate. Festival selectors can select up to 5 one-minute films that were created before 2018, if they deserve to be screened at the festival
5. Beside competition program of one-minute and short films, festival will screen special programs of short films upon invitations only.
6. Festival doesn’t charge any submitting fee or pay screening fee for one-minute films. Short program "9413" will have submitting fee. One author may submit more than one film but each submitted film needs to have separate application forms.
7. Submitted films stay in the Festival Archive and they might be used exclusively in non-commercial screenings at educational and cultural facilities and related festivals in Serbia and abroad in order of Festival promotion.
8. Deadline for submitting films is 10th April (new date - 26th April) 2020. All authors which films are selected will be informed by e-mail till 30th April (new date - 10th May) 2020.
9. Films which are selected for Festival programs (competition and accompanying) must be delivered via link for download in .mp4 (H264) or .mov format, latest till 15th May 2020.
10. Films from non-English speaking countries must have English subtitles.
11. Festival has competition and accompanying (non-competition) program – Panorama.
12. Selectors of the Festival selects films for competition and accompanying program.
13. International juries are composed of professionals from the field of cinema decides on Festival awards.