The Bronx is a melting pot of culture and history which is why the Mott Haven Film Festival (MHFF) is calling everyone from all the corners of the World to our festival. MHFF wants to represent people from all walks of life and by submitting your film to this festival, You are helping reach that goal.
This is your chance to show off your admiration for the Boogie Down Bronx and New York with your Film by showcasing it in the South Bronx exclusive festival. Represent your background by letting us know who's your Bronx connection (The filmmaker, Producer, Cast or Crew. You get the idea.) We welcome everyone!
Our Programming Breakdown
Beyond the Bronx- Shorts ranging from 1-30 in length. It is for People all over the world
Topic ranging comedy, drama, documentary.
Homegrown- Shorts Program will be focusing on New Yorkers whether they are native or immigrated to the U.S.
Serious Matters- it is the name of our Documentaries Program, which can include films in array of topics ranging political , social , economic as long it is compliant with our screenings format of 1-60 minutes.
On the Rise ( Student Filmmakers)- Will be films that are from Student Filmmakers from several Colleges and Universities within the 5 boroughs of NYC. The running times allotted are 1-20 minutes for Shorts and 20-60 for Short Feature, if applicable
Please which category your film falls into. Please make sure that is subtitled for all
to enjoy your film.
Submit your film to be screened here at the Mott Haven Film Festival!
Photo by Kilyan Sockalingum on Unsplash is our Cover Photo.
Photo from forgotten_ny.com of the Mott Haven Canal bronx by Sergey Kadinsky
https://forgotten-ny.com/2015/12/mott-haven-canal-bronx/ is one of our photos.
Awards and prizes will be handed out to winners at our Awards ceremony.
Acceptable Format for Screening Consideration and the Film Jury Selection
Vimeo with password access and Youtube private links. Also
NTSC DVD Region 1 Accepted as well
All film submissions are non-returnable unless sent with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
• If a film is accepted, filmmakers will be responsible for delivering their exhibition materials by a date determined by the festival or to and from festival venues.
• The Mott Haven Film Festival is not liable for submission or exhibition materials which are lost or damaged.
• Filmmaker must have all clearances including trademark and/or copyrighted materials shown must have authorized permission. Filmmaker remains entirely liable for any claims that may occur in result of screening the film.
• Filmmaker authorizes the Mott Haven Film Festival permission to screen their film at the festival.
• The festival must receive the exhibition copy by the date specified in order to screen the film.
we accept previously released release from 2018 and on