PREVIOUS FESTIVAL SELECTIONS, NOMINATIONS & AWARDS
• WORLD PREMIERE, Whistler Film Festival, December 2015
• US PREMIERE, BoomTown Film & Music Festival, TX, USA, February 2016
- 2nd PLACE BEST NARRATIVE FEATURE
• VANCOUVER PREMIERE, Vancouver International Women in Film Festival, March 2016
• International Filmmaker Festival of World Cinema, Nice, France, May 2016 Nominations:
- Best Feature Film
- Best Director - Melanie Jones
- Best Lead Actor - Vanessa Crouch
- Best Supporting Actor - Sean Aiken
- Best Supporting Actress - Jessica Heafey
- Best Cinematography - Shawn Seifert
- Best Original Screenplay - Melanie Jones
• Leo Awards Nominations:
- Best Editing in a Motion Picture
- Best Directing in a Motion Picture
• TORONTO PREMIERE, Female Eye Film Festival, June 2016
THE STARLIGHT HEIST (2015) was nominated for BEST COSTUME DESIGN SHORT DRAMA at the 2015 Leo Awards in Canada.
KILLING CHRISTMAS (2017) won the Grand Jury Prize at the London International Short Film Festival in 2019 (image above shows other selections and nominations)
CHOIR GIRL (2018) was nominated in several categories and won Best Composition and received a Certificate of Highest Distinction at the 2021 Australian Industry Network Awards and Nominated for Best Producer Feature Film for CHOIR GIRL
A FAMILY OF GHOSTS (2016) Crazy 8’s finalist was an official selection of the Bermuda International Film Festival in 2017 and appeared in the Cannes Short Film Corner in 2017.
THE CASE OF THE SHANGHAIED SONGBIRD was an official selection of the 2019 NOIR FILM FESTIVAL in the Czech Republic.