Lucerna Youth and Children Film Festival is a social film screening event which is dedicated to films for children and adolescents. We are looking for films bringing an important message to the younger generation or created specially for children and teenagers.
Screenings take place at schools, colleges and other state institutions of Moscow and regions - partners of the festival - as well as state libraries. The Selection Committee picks up by monthly voting the Winners which compete for the final awards.
Each film screening is followed by its discussion with the children. They share their opinions and ideas about what they have seen, teenagers also fill in the questionnaires.
Lucerna Youth Film Festival is concentrated on establishing stronger connection between authors and the difficult-to-access target audience - children and teenagers.
The Final Public Screening acessible for the visitors and participants of the festival takes place once a year.
Best Short Film, Best Feature Film get Trophies and Diplomas. All Winners get Diplomas. All Official Selection also get Laurels and Diplomas by e-mail.
- Best Short Film for Children
- Best Teenage Drama
- Best Adaptation or Fairy-tale
- Best Animation
- Best Preschool Film/Animation
- Best Feature Film for Children
- Best Documentary Film for Children
- Best Public Service Announcement
- Best Youth Music Video
- Best motivating story
- Best screenplay
- Best photography
- Best production design
- Best sound design
- Best actor (male)
- Best actress (female)
- Best second plan role: supporting actor
- Best CG (visual effects)
- Best Poster or Photo
The following nominations may be declared at the discretion of juries and basing on the current makeup of the competition:
- Best Historical Film (both live-action and documentary)
- Best Environment/Animal Rights Film (both live-action and documentary)
- Best Human Rights Film (both live-action and documentary)
Authors from all over the world may participate in the Contest if they consider their film or video has an important message for growing-up generation.
- Films which are not in Russian or English should have English or Russian subtitles.
- By submitting a project all participants confirm their rights reserved. For the time being we have no production date limits.
- No premiere status required.