The Los Angeles Screenwriting Competition is an annual screenplay contest focused purely on bringing excellent scripts into focus. We’ve made it our duty to build an opportunity that helps take talented writers into the industry in a way that specifically highlights the quality of the work and helps establish the connections needed to take that work to the next level.
Our showcase, network and awards are all focused on bringing value to independent screenwriters across the globe. We simply want to do our part in supporting the incredible community of writers in the world of independent film. And through our connection to the industry, our band of judges and our amazing partners: We’ve been able to build The Los Angeles Screenwriting Competition into the event we wished we had early on in our film careers.
The strongest projects in the main categories will be nominated for the Best Script Award, no matter the genre or length.
The following awards will be presented at the festival:
-Best Feature Screenplay
-Best Short Screenplay
-Best Episodic Screenplay
-Best Character Writing
-Most Creative Screenplay
1. Scripts that are submitted must be the entrant’s original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
2. All submitted scripts must be in English.
3. International scripts are accepted.
4. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted.
5. The decision of the festival selection committee will be final.
6. Festival has the right to use film posters or your photos on public social networks to promote your project and our festival.